My trip to the Zoo and Aquarium

RiaLouiseRiaLouise Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited February 1, 2012 in Wildlife
I recently visited the zoo I use to work at and nearby aquarium. I had a few photo ops and these are the results. At most I have done minimal editting. Please feel free to C&C. Hope you enjoy.

1. This is Rainbow, he is a hybrid macaw. Photo untouched.
i-vSpVnnr-M.jpg

2. Buton, one of the tigers. Untouched.
i-nTLzvKZ-M.jpg

3. Two of the adult cheetas late in the day.
i-5ZCjT8H-M.jpg

4. Kasi who is almost a year old and the second image includes Montoni his best friend...this image is just a snapshot I wanted to share.
i-PNhv3FW-M.jpg
i-BZ6c2Xg-M.jpg

5. A fish...
i-qTSHPXn-M.jpg

6. Jellies...Not extremely happy with these. I had to shoot at a high ISO which caused a lot of noise because of the tank setup and my friends baby was getting fussy so I didn't have much time to tweek my settings...enough excuses...
i-bwH5wCn-M.jpgi-6KW3kkX-M.jpg

THE END!
*RiaLouise Warner*
Peace, Love and Memories

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    Very good set of images. The aquarium captures came out well which isn't easy with the shooting conditions in aquariums.

Th first capture is nice but the comp can be improved. Instead of centering your subject its more effective in that type of capture to have it in the right corner.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"