Options

My buddy and his new car, C&C welcome

tPietschtPietsch Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 2, 2012 in People
my friend Xavier got a new car so we did some shots today, this is the one that turned out best. shot this with a ab1600 boomed high camera right with a 47" octabox.
camera left had a vivitar hotshoe flash bare just to light up the front of the car. what do you guys think?

6799118887_ebed461735_b.jpg
Flickr
The Rebel Tribe
Cameras: Nikon D7000, Nikon D40x, Fuji instax
Lenses: Nikon 50mm 1.4g, Nikon 35mm 1.8, Tokina 11-16 2.8
Other Gear: ab1600, 47" Octabox

Comments

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    I think this turned out awesome. I'm sure he'll be impressed as well. Love the shadows under the car. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    Extremely impressive, your buddy must be thrilled to have a friend like you! Made everything look amazing. I like how the front of the car almost looks like it is facing headlights.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    Absolutely great shot. Wonder what would happen if you did it again just as you did but not modeling light on and hopefull very little garage lights on and then walk around the car poping a hand held flash, just thinking.
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    This is a great shot. Cars can be posed just like people can. Notice the front license plate holder, could it be easily removed for the shot? Which direction is that front wheel turned, and is it best there? What would this look like with the car lights on? How about some specularity in the glass to add form? Maybe being real nit-picky, the conduit in another place away from the driver's head might limit distractions.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    Very nicely done. Good as it is but there is some room for improvement. RyanS makes very good points, particularly I think with turning on the lights. A little fill in the back or a rim light might be good too.
  • Options
    ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
    SEXY!!! This is easily a car ad shot or a large poster for your buddy! I give my friends prints of their fave shots all the time, they love it.
    Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
    I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
    Looks killer! What's lighting the rear of the car?