Options

Grreat Horned Owl nesting

vermentonvermenton Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited March 11, 2012 in Wildlife
It's time again to see the GHO nesting on their nest again. The nest sitting on a cliff edge 30+ feet above ground. I'm about 100+ feet away from the nest separated by a ravine, as the time go by and when the egg are hatch, I can go a little closer, last year it was a succesfull breeding season, hopefully this year it will be the same.

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2012
    What a great opportunity for photos! Hope you post more as they develop!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2012
    Earache wrote: »
    What a great opportunity for photos! Hope you post more as they develop!

thank you

Another one from yesterday, use 2 extender with 500 mm canon and 7D, manual focus. is there any one doing hte same thing with manual focus on this kind of setup, I could use pointer
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    Good find, I'm eagerly awiitng developments. :lurk
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2012
    Baby are born
    Lucky me she has 3 chick born lat week. There is video on my website showing the baby

http://www.deniscallet.com/Other/Owl/17006307_q3wx8Q#!i=1736319460&k=59pDk6G&lb=1&s=A
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    vermenton wrote: »
    thank you

Another one from yesterday, use 2 extender with 500 mm canon and 7D, manual focus. is there any one doing hte same thing with manual focus on this kind of setup, I could use pointer
    Use Live View and magnify mode to help you focus.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    KingdomSeekerKingdomSeeker Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2012
    I'd give anything to be able to capture these magnificent creatures. For the last 2 years I've been following Rapture Resources websites that have video cameras on nests of Great Horned Owls, Falcons, hawks and bald eagles. Being from Iowa I've been closely monitoring the Decorah Eagles website.
  • Options
    khmerxbxboikhmerxbxboi Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2012
    wild life for life.. damn i wish I got birds like that in my city ;( good shot !
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    More 3 owlet in hte nest one more than last year
    Check a video shot last thursday just before dusk

http://www.deniscallet.com/Other/Owl/17006307_q3wx8Q#!i=1741981956&k=MNqdtW8&lb=1&s=A