my beautiful grandmother!

MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited November 1, 2005 in People
took this today. i had a hard time getting her to smile good. she kept saying she didn't want her wrinkles to show haha. here it is.

f4h4dv.jpg
Now come on. I know you love :lust me. What are you waiting for?
"i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
Hidilia Carpenter
1/3/32 - 12/28/04

Comments

• morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Mayndi, tell your grandma that she has nothing to worry about because she still looks very young and from what I can see, wrinkle free. I like the use of tones for this photo and would like to know if you could post the original photo as well. Bob.
    Mayndi wrote:
    took this today. i had a hard time getting her to smile good. she kept saying she didn't want her wrinkles to show haha. here it is.

f4h4dv.jpg
  • MayndiMayndi Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    Mayndi, tell your grandma that she has nothing to worry about because she still looks very young and from what I can see, wrinkle free. I like the use of tones for this photo and would like to know if you could post the original photo as well. Bob.
    i'll let her know bob. she'll love you :D this is the original photo. i have a sony, and have the option of shooting in sepia, so i did that. with the colors of the leaves, i should have taken a color portrait too, but her living room is old western, and she only puts up family photos in sepia... she may look young, but she's still senile rolleyes1.gif thanks for your comment!
    "i never knew until the world was my inspiration, and these walls were my canvas"
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Nice job Mayndi. Tell your GM that she looks much too young to be a GM !
  • morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    This photo should fit her living room perfect then, keep the photos coming. Bob
    Mayndi wrote:
    i'll let her know bob. she'll love you :D this is the original photo. i have a sony, and have the option of shooting in sepia, so i did that. with the colors of the leaves, i should have taken a color portrait too, but her living room is old western, and she only puts up family photos in sepia... she may look young, but she's still senile rolleyes1.gif thanks for your comment!
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 1, 2005
    Mayndi - you do realize we here at dGrin will not tolerate lying about your photographs. I checked your profile... there's NO way the woman in the picture is your grandmother. :D

Very nice capture thumb.gif
    edited November 1, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Mayndi - you do realize we here at dGrin will not tolerate lying about your photographs. I checked your profile... there's NO way the woman in the picture is your grandmother. :D

Very nice capture thumb.gif
    LOl she is! she's 20 years older than my mom who is 18 years older than me. i turn 21 in december. you do the math :D (hey at least she can't pin me for telling her age)
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
    edited November 1, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    LOl she is! she's 20 years older than my mom who is 18 years older than me. i turn 21 in december. you do the math :D (hey at least she can't pin me for telling her age)
    and haha, i forgot the icing on the cake. she'll be a great grandmother in february. i'm expecting the first little great grandchild. isn't that somethin!
    Hidilia Carpenter
    1/3/32 - 12/28/04
  • cyoungcyoung Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Very nice capture of your lovely grandma. Also congrats on your upcoming arrival. I am too a proud new poppa myself and babies are alot of fun!clap.gifclapclap.gif

Mayndi wrote:
    and haha, i forgot the icing on the cake. she'll be a great grandmother in february. i'm expecting the first little great grandchild. isn't that somethin!
    -Carey

Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55, EF 50 1.8 II, Tamron AF 19-35 3.5-4.5, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, EF 70-200 f/4L, Speedlite 580EX, Manfrotto Digi Mini 718B.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 1, 2005
    Mayndi wrote:
    well congrats to you Momma Mayndi