Whoo Whooose Egg?

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited February 4, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
It's the Open mono Competition in a few days time at my camera club. My daughter, Ruby, is now a member of the club and is entering competitions. (She did very well in the January Competition, placing 8th out of 34 images!).

She decided to take the following shot. She set it up, she tried to take it, but since it was on the floor she couldn't see through her viewfinder. So I lent her my 40D and she used LiveView to do it. She then did the PP, recovered highlights in ACR, and used Silver EFEX Pro for the conversion. She sharpened it herself, too. So, it's all her own work.
She would like to know what you guys think of it...

6791477967_f74e404a95_b.jpg
Whooooose Egg by Tiny Togger, on Flickr

Thank You.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
    I say it's pretty darn cool. Give her a pat on the back....she deserves it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
    I say it's pretty darn cool. Give her a pat on the back....she deserves it.

Tom

Will do. Thank you. :)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    Your daughter obviously has this photography stuff figured out. Good job thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited February 3, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Your daughter obviously has this photography stuff figured out. Good job thumb.gif

Thanks. :)
  • CrokeyCrokey Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2012
    Very well done to her mate. I'm sure you've met guys with $6000 cameras, a bag full of lenses and more money than sense who couldn't take a shot that good. There's a great rhythm going from left to right and then back to the fist egg. At first, I just wished that second egg from the left was a bit more in focus, but I'm starting to like it that way the more I look at it. It would probably have been to dominating if in sharp focus. How did she know how to do that?:D
    edited February 4, 2012
    Crokey wrote: »
    Very well done to her mate. I'm sure you've met guys with $6000 cameras, a bag full of lenses and more money than sense who couldn't take a shot that good. There's a great rhythm going from left to right and then back to the fist egg. At first, I just wished that second egg from the left was a bit more in focus, but I'm starting to like it that way the more I look at it. It would probably have been to dominating if in sharp focus. How did she know how to do that?:D

We have spoken about aperture and how it affects Depth of field. She is starting to understand...so when she is setting up I will ask her "Do you want them all in focus? Or some going out of focus?" and she will say she wants some going out of focus. I then say "What can you do to make that work...?" and she remembers what we said. She knows about distance away from the camera making things go out of focus.
    In fact, I just asked her right now if I wanted a picture of her and her sister with Annie in focus and Ruby not what she would change, and she said "Aperture". She definitely gets it. :)

Thanks for your nice coments. I'll pass them on. :)