Chattanoogans :):

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
edited November 2, 2005 in People
I spent a few days in Chattanooga last weekend, primarily to see the Tennesseee Aquarium. I posted some shots from the aquarium here - http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=21427

I also wandered around the river front park on both sides of the Tennessee River. The river front along the Tennessee River has been developed into a Park along both sides of the river with a lovely 2-lane highway bridge converted to pedestrians only, so that it is easy to travel on foot or bicycle to both sides of the river. On the north shore next to the park are a series of restaurants and coffee houses, making a lovely area to spend some time in the fall weather.

I met a few folks while hanging around. Lee is a street performer that I watched one evening.

42092428-L.jpg

He could sing, and play the guitar and the harmonica. He could even play the harmonica while standing on his head for extended amounts of time. This really charmed some of the crowd.
41854886-L.jpg

There was a merry-go-round...

41855725-L.jpg

and a fountain...
41855793-L.jpg

The walks of the park are colored brick like in Oz.
42103928-L.jpg

Along the south shore of the Tennessee River is the Hunter Art Museum. I was trying to shoot a bronze exhibit in front of the museum, when a little helper joined in the fun.

41855855-L.jpg

All in all, it was a very pleasant afternoon.
Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2005
    All nice, PF. The first one is screaming at me "add grain!".
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 30, 2005
    That's what I thought, but I didn't care for it - I'll see if I can't dig it up. Give me a sec... Herre we go!!

42285045-L.jpg

Here he is in color

41854964-L.jpg

edited October 30, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    That's what I thought, but I didn't care for it - I'll see if I can't dig it up. Give me a sec...

How did you do the conversion?
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited October 30, 2005
    I'm sure the converson was via G Gormans conversion method. I have one with grain in a sepia uploading as we speak

edited October 30, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    I'm sure the converson was via G Gormans conversion method. I have one with grain in a sepia uploading as we speak

I like it, but I'm not sure if it's because of the grain, or if it's the color. I don't like the blueish duotone as much as the sepia.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited October 30, 2005
    I prefer the sepia also, but the grain and the tweed coat did not seem to get along to my eye ne_nau.gif Too much detail lost with the grain and if you back the grain off, it gets lost in the coat. Maybe I should just stick with color.

42287994-L.jpg

edited October 30, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    I prefer the sepia also, but the grain and the tweed coat did not seem to get along to my eye ne_nau.gif Too much detail lost with the grain and if you back the grain off, it gets lost in the coat. Maybe I should just stick with color.

You know, part of the sepia and grain is to take you back in time, right? And with that couple standing back there in their sneakers, it just doesn't quite work...I like the low angle color one you posted. Maybe that one would work in sepia...

They're all good, PF...just talking, you know?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Very nice and interessting shots! Well done!

Regards,
    Andreas
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    All very nice. I like the harmonica player in all his versions, but especially the color profile. Just fix the distracting highlight on the sneaker, give it a title from a Woody Guthrie or Cisco Houston song and call it done.
    If not now, when?