Randy

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2012
    Very nice...
    Rags
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    Well done, Randy. The fog on the peaks gives a nice mood to this one. Haven't seen you here much--glad you are posting!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    Great one, Randy! thumb.gifclap
    Never seen Zion in fog...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Very nice...

Thanks Rags!
    Randy
    edited February 3, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Well done, Randy. The fog on the peaks gives a nice mood to this one. Haven't seen you here much--glad you are posting!

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for looking and commenting! I just posted in Tater's thread why I haven't been around here much this year, thanks for noticing and the welcome back!
    Randy
    edited February 3, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Great one, Randy! thumb.gifclap
    Never seen Zion in fog...

Hey Nik,

Thanks for the kind comment!

I was able to be in Zion for part of two days. What a magical place this is!!! I had no idea what a gem this small NP is for photographers. I also learned that the "tunnel" has a 300' drop from one end to the other, and that particular altitude change means that when you spend the day in the rain on the far side, when you come back through the tunnel that evening you'll be met with mucho snow eek7.gif, at least during that time of year.

I had many a wonderful image ruined by my (essentially first) use to my new Nikon equipment. Specifically the impressive 14-24 lens. It's huge bulbous exposed lens will manage to gather every single droplet of water (that may exist in the whole state) on the lens itself. I managed to ruin many, many great images due to water spots on this lens. And no, I didn't have one of those great inventions called an umbrella with me. Oh well, lesson learned :cry I think with post work I can salvage a few of them, as I really like the shots where the low clouds are dancing around the mountains in the park.
    Randy
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Hey Nik,

Thanks for the kind comment!

I was able to be in Zion for part of two days. What a magical place this is!!! I had no idea what a gem this small NP is for photographers. I also learned that the "tunnel" has a 300' drop from one end to the other, and that particular altitude change means that when you spend the day in the rain on the far side, when you come back through the tunnel that evening you'll be met with mucho snow eek7.gif, at least during that time of year.
    I only been there during the summer/early fall. I guess I need to reconsider my vacation timing :-)
    rwells wrote: »
    I had many a wonderful image ruined by my (essentially first) use to my new Nikon equipment. Specifically the impressive 14-24 lens. It's huge bulbous exposed lens will manage to gather every single droplet of water (that may exist in the whole state) on the lens itself. I managed to ruin many, many great images due to water spots on this lens. And no, I didn't have one of those great inventions called an umbrella with me. Oh well, lesson learned :cry I think with post work I can salvage a few of them, as I really like the shots where the low clouds are dancing around the mountains in the park.
    My sincere condolences! :cry
    But that's what you get for using Nikon mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"