edited February 8, 2012 in Sports
Nikon D800, Pentax K1000

You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

Blue Moon Originals

Comments

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    Focus is off in a couple, a couple your shutter speed is WAY too slow to capture motion and in general they are all underexposed.

1/250 may be fine for some things, but sports you need 1/400 at MINIMUM to prevent motion blur. Anything below that your subject best not be moving..

Exposure, really was off.. this was a quick edit to show where it should be and it's probably a good 1-1/2 stops underexposed.

i-GB6SC5m-L.jpg
  • Options
    FearNothing321FearNothing321 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    Focus is off in a couple, a couple your shutter speed is WAY too slow to capture motion and in general they are all underexposed.

1/250 may be fine for some things, but sports you need 1/400 at MINIMUM to prevent motion blur. Anything below that your subject best not be moving..

Exposure, really was off.. this was a quick edit to show where it should be and it's probably a good 1-1/2 stops underexposed.

i-GB6SC5m-L.jpg

I'll go back and re-edit them when I have some free time
    Nikon D800, Pentax K1000

Blue Moon Originals
  • Options
    Mohammed AlayaliMohammed Alayali Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    Iv been shooting sports shots 4 a while now and I learned that its important to have the ball in the shot... In the three pointer shot you missed the ball try to get it next time the shot well be much better

Good work and keep improving !!
  • Options
    FearNothing321FearNothing321 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Iv been shooting sports shots 4 a while now and I learned that its important to have the ball in the shot... In the three pointer shot you missed the ball try to get it next time the shot well be much better

Good work and keep improving !!

Thank you, I was not pleased on how that shot turned out, just a split second earlier it would have been so much better
    Nikon D800, Pentax K1000

Blue Moon Originals
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    In addition to the other comments there seems to be a lot of image degradation due to noise - which could also be a result of correcting for under-exposed images in post processing.
    You've got some nice shot ideas - with more practice shooting low light sports you'll get better. Keep at it!