Diving Years Ago

BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited February 5, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Found this gear at the Maritime Museum in Halifax.
large-diving-helmet-2-L.jpg
Helmet-2-L.jpg
Diving-Helmet-L.jpg
Diving-Boots-L.jpg
manual-compressor-L.jpg

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    These certainly are interesting and historical subjects. May I suggest that when documenting objects like this, get the entire object in the frame and/or go in tighter for interesting details or textures.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • BailiejoBailiejo Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    Earache wrote: »
    These certainly are interesting and historical subjects. May I suggest that when documenting objects like this, get the entire object in the frame and/or go in tighter for interesting details or textures.
    Thanks for sharing!

Good suggestions. I'm just learning PP - can you crop around an object?
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2012
    Bailiejo wrote: »
    Good suggestions. I'm just learning PP - can you crop around an object?

You can crop in at least a couple of different ways - while composing in the view finder, include the entire object and anticipate any negative or free space wanted - in other words; crop in the camera. For example, I think the Weighted Boots shot would be better with the entire boot(s) visible. Also remember that unless your viewfinder provides a 100% view/image, your capture will appear slightly different than the image in the viewfinder.

Or, you can crop tighter from a wider view in PP - generally feasible, but considered less desirable due to loss of resolution/sharpness. Give it a try both ways. thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug