Trees

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited February 7, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
The approach is too impressionistic to put it in the Landscapes section. Criticism is always appreciated.

Crater-trees-1-of-1-XL.jpg

Comments

• dowlingmcdowlingmc Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    The elements in the photo are so detached from their reality, that the viewer can spend a lot of time looking for a place to attach it to in theirs. Which just shows you the photographer can make people work for their personal solution to the photo. Nicely done!
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    very very cool image... Me likie... me likie ah-lot....
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 7, 2012
    Interesting processing on this one. It's a cool idea. I'm a little bothered by the sharp edges where the leaves meet the background, which works against the softness of the light on them. You might want to feather the mask or blur its edges by a couple of pixels. Just a suggestion.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    dowlingmc, doug, thanks very much.

Richard, I think you're right and I tried it. A local reduction of clarity in Lightroom did the trick. It's an improvement. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Well done .... really like it.....:D
    edited February 7, 2012
    Thanks, Azzaro. I thought of your photos as I was working on this one.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Oooo I like this. this color green against such a dark background really gives it a pop and the processing works great - I think.... Anywhere near Verde river or Sedona?
    edited February 7, 2012
    Eia, thanks. This was taken at Sunset Crater. I'd had trouble photographing the place during several attempts because of the mass of unrelenting detail. Once the idea of photographing side- and backlighted subjects against deep shadow occurred to me, I took a number of shots there along these lines. Like this one, which I didn't soften. Sunset-tree-2-L.jpg
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Oh WoW! I REALLY like the 2nd best! the curvature leads my eye up to the tree...and...just enough lighting to peek at the beauty.