Options

Bike Racing - cc's always welcome.

jimqjrjimqjr Registered Users Posts: 250 Major grins
edited February 6, 2012 in Sports
Did I attempt to sharpen the photos to much?

R0D0399-X3.jpg

R0D0315-X3.jpg

R0D0293-X3.jpg

R0D0288-X3.jpg

Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed.

Comments

• Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    I clicked this thinking "cc's welcome" was a play on "cubic centimeters" (in reference to sports bikes or motorcycles). I was sadly mistaken.

That said, only number three looks a smidge over sharprened but the rest look great.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    ... only number three looks a smidge over sharprened but the rest look great.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    I clicked this thinking "cc's welcome" was a play on "cubic centimeters" (in reference to sports bikes or motorcycles). I was sadly mistaken.

That said, only number three looks a smidge over sharprened but the rest look great.

Sorry to disappoint you .... they are sports bikes - just 1 horsepower though :D.

Thanks for the reply...
    I can only tell they are oversharpened when in the original size at the size below?
    I guess that if I think they are then backoff a little..
    Photography for me is not a profession its an attitude to be as good as I and my equipment can be and understand how each relates from a technical standpoint. At some point maybe I can get the creative side to work and produce a photo that someone says WOW.

Thanks again for the reply if you have suggestions please feel free - I love to learn what others are doing to be their best.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    thumb.gif

Thanks for the thumbs up.
    Are there any rules on sharpening that could be applied across the board.
    I know that I wouldn't sharpen a portriat like this or women that were racing.
    I also might over sharpen a football game or a cyclocross race to add drama.

Again thanks for your thoughts and dialog.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    jimqjr wrote: »
    Are there any rules on sharpening that could be applied across the board.
    Not that I can imagine.
    I know that I wouldn't sharpen ... women that were racing.
    On cosmetic grounds? You've got to be kidding! :D
    I also might over sharpen a football game or a cyclocross race to add drama.
    I prefer not to over-sharpen images for any reason. "Over-sharpen" means too much sharpening, and too much is always too much IMHO - unless you are trying to distort an image for creative art reasons.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    I prefer not to over-sharpen images for any reason. "Over-sharpen" means too much sharpening, and too much is always too much IMHO - unless you are trying to distort an image for creative art reasons.[/QUOTE]

Now I am not sure the word is over sharpen. I will push an image if it adds character.

So do you feel that I over sharpened #3 and what do you see that says ouch that is over sharpened. I ask only because I am learning not being a dork well maybe I am a dork and just do know what I am doing...all are true.

Sorry, being I use lightroom photoshop is past my abilities...is it the Sharpening that is to much or the radius, detail or not enough masking that is the issue. Okay I know maybe I am asking to much.

Just tell me to shut.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    Now I am not sure the word is over sharpen.
    I just used your word.