MC#15: Just realized I wasn't on the list

RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited February 9, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Didn't realize I needed to be on a specific list to compete in this contest until I looked closer at the rules. Well, this is what I came up with, here is my "Ryan doesn't know how to follow rules" non-entry.

Does someone know if this would have violated some other rule I failed to understand?

album-XL.jpg
Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
Website | Galleries | Utah PJs

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 6, 2012
    nope you can do a mega if your not on the list. Just cannot enter it! This looks great!
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2012
    i LIKE it
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Nice! It would have been a good entry.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Took about an hour total work to do. It was kind of comical. Here is what I did: Got home late, grabbed all the gear I could and a pair of headphones, heavy studio tripod, threw in trunk. Drove as fast as legally impossible to the local school to capture the last few minutes of light against a southern facing brick wall. Threw up a softbox, slammed on the wireless triggers, mixed the ambient with the flash (manual). Took a test shot, adjusted light & shutter, did another. Bingo. Drove home nearly as impossibly fast. Threw off the cover of a speaker I have. Put a kick drum through it to try and create some movement. Got a flashlight, turned the shutter down to somewhere near a second, light-painted the speaker. Took 8 or so tries until I got a semi-believable angle of light. Dumped all that to the side. Threw images in to LR. Did the B&W conversion and toning there, dumped in to PS. first attempt.... Horrid! Got disgusted by absolutely terrible results and gave up for some dinner and family time. Came back after cool-off period and started over. Got a better look this time around. Added some radial blurring and motion blurs, dodge, burn, transform, layer masking. Ended up with about 14 layers total in the image, 3 or 4 were adjustment layers. Made wife look at it to ensure I wasn't totally embarrassing myself. Realized the entire time I was doing this I was yelling. Added title to reflect this fact, some easy title effects. Re-read rules, realized I couldn't compete. Sad face. :cry

It was still a good exercise. At the end of the day, I guess that is what it was really all about.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    Took about an hour total work to do. It was kind of comical. Here is what I did: Got home late, grabbed all the gear I could and a pair of headphones, heavy studio tripod, threw in trunk. Drove as fast as legally impossible to the local school to capture the last few minutes of light against a southern facing brick wall. Threw up a softbox, slammed on the wireless triggers, mixed the ambient with the flash (manual). Took a test shot, adjusted light & shutter, did another. Bingo. Drove home nearly as impossibly fast. Threw off the cover of a speaker I have. Put a kick drum through it to try and create some movement. Got a flashlight, turned the shutter down to somewhere near a second, light-painted the speaker. Took 8 or so tries until I got a semi-believable angle of light. Dumped all that to the side. Threw images in to LR. Did the B&W conversion and toning there, dumped in to PS. first attempt.... Horrid! Got disgusted by absolutely terrible results and gave up for some dinner and family time. Came back after cool-off period and started over. Got a better look this time around. Added some radial blurring and motion blurs, dodge, burn, transform, layer masking. Ended up with about 14 layers total in the image, 3 or 4 were adjustment layers. Made wife look at it to ensure I wasn't totally embarrassing myself. Realized the entire time I was doing this I was yelling. Added title to reflect this fact, some easy title effects. Re-read rules, realized I couldn't compete. Sad face. :cry

It was still a good exercise. At the end of the day, I guess that is what it was really all about.

Laughing.gif! clap.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Sorry you couldn't compete, Ryan...but I love the image you came up with. Well done!
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    I doubt you are the first to do this, just maybe the first one to say so rolleyes1.gif.

You would have been a contender for sure (i know that has to hurt).

Good idea and execution.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    Love it! rolleyes1.gif