Pentax announces new lenses

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited February 7, 2012 in Cameras
About freakin' time! (Although not much is known about these lenses besides names. Conjecture ahead.)

For K-mount enthusiasts there is:

an upcoming 50mm DA f1.8 lens. Not really sure where this fits in their schema: they already have a FA-50 f1.4 and a DA* 55 1.4, (as well as TWO 40mm pancake lenses and the FA43.) :dunno. The only thing I can think of is either it will be a pancake, or a budget-priced lens like the DA35 f2.4. If they revive the old optical formula for the classic 50mm f1.7's, I'm sure it will be quite nice.

And an upcoming DA 560 f5.6 lens. Fills a much needed gap in the long end of the Pentax lineup. I'm surprised it's not marketed as a DA* lens (weather sealed) like the DA*200 and DA*300 for the outdoors crowd. But maybe Pentax will surprise us.

They're also announcing a new 645-mount lens and some more Q-lenses.

Hey, it's a start.

Link: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02/07/Pentax_In-development_lenses

Comments

• GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    Of all the things they could have done, another 50mm prime.

Really, Pentax? Really?
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    I'm thinking that it's probably a retooling of the old 50 f1.7, and designed to be a budget-priced, high quality portrait lens, along the lines of the DA35. It would be nice for Pentax to have a range of nice primes that aren't "Limiteds." or pancakes.

I suspect the roadmapped stuff for next year to be more interesting-- the DA* zoom (wide to telephoto, 16-85?), the long zoom (100-400?) and of course, the teleconverter.