sp-57-L.jpg

sp-62-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    NmahoochNmahooch Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    nice shots. I didnt get any pictures of the parade. just got some shots of the people watching.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    3 & 4 for me

I think #3 had you a tad nervous :D
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Good stuff, Liz. #3 is noteworthy and certainly projects a sense of menacing power. But it's #4 that really pulls me in....a meek, maybe even threatened, girl that's clinging tightly to her protector. Really good shot.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    first of all, GO BIG BLUE! and I want a parade in June for the NY Rangers! Love the subway shot and the kid with the balloon sword.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    3 & 4 for me

What in the photo makes you think the photographer was nervous?
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Good stuff, Liz. #3 is noteworthy and certainly projects a sense of menacing power. But it's #4 that really pulls me in....a meek, maybe even threatened, girl that's clinging tightly to her protector. Really good shot.thumb.gif

Tom

Or a cold, or hot, young woman who wants to get closer to a warm body? Interesting the things we project onto images. As Errol Morris says, "Believing Is Seeing." mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Nice, Liz. I especially like number two, though I would crop considerably.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Nmahooch wrote: »
    nice shots. I didnt get any pictures of the parade. just got some shots of the people watching.

I got very little of the actual parade myself, only from 13 floors up and people were the size of ants.
    Hope you post.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2012
    bfjr wrote: »
    3 & 4 for me

Thank you.

#3, I had my 50mm and I wanted to shoot them because the main guy was so full of attitude surrounded by his friends. I was having trouble focusing as I was being pushed by a wave of people behind me and the group was walking towards me. I shot this at the last possible second (and I barely got it, as you can see it's soft). Anyway, I didn't find anyone menacing, though I did note the look in the main guy's face, but whatver, I moved along. Now looking at it, the guy has his fist clenched in a fist. Did he have it like that before spotting me or was that his reaction to me taking his shot?
    Kind of nervous now in retrospect because he looks pissed, but no at the time I was not.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2012

Tom

Thank you Tom,
    Funny that you see that in #4. Out of all the people I shot I found her the most threatening (I know she could take me rolleyes1.gif). I did not get "meek" from her at all rolleyes1.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2012
    first of all, GO BIG BLUE! and I want a parade in June for the NY Rangers! Love the subway shot and the kid with the balloon sword.

yes against the Patriots, go Big Blue! but I'm a Jets fan so.... :)

The kids with the balloon swords is my favorite too.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Nice, Liz. I especially like number two, though I would crop considerably.

I cropped most of the blob on the left, but I will tighten up top and to the right a bit more.

Thank you. The little kids were enjoying their day of "no school" and celebration.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Thank you Tom,
    Funny that you see that in #4. Out of all the people I shot I found her the most threatening (I know she could take me rolleyes1.gif). I did not get "meek" from her at all rolleyes1.gif.

I think our different perceptions are due, in large part, to the fact that you were able to draw upon many more additional sensory inputs than I am from simply looking at the picture.....which probably emphasizes the implicit danger of drawing firm conclusions based solely upon visual references.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2012
    I think our different perceptions are due, in large part, to the fact that you were able to draw upon many more additional sensory inputs than I am from simply looking at the picture.....which probably emphasizes the implicit danger of drawing firm conclusions based solely upon visual references.

Tom

It could also have to do with the fact that I always tend to get nervous shooting in a subway scenario, maybe I read more into her expression. The shutter is so much louder there, and I feel like a confrontation could easily happen there (it goes back to my one and only time of being confronted in a very aggressive manner and I can't shake it). That's why I usually shoot int he subway w/ my cellphone instead of my big old canon 5d :)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    Fun set -- I was expecting to see a set from you....

Celebration looks much more tame than your World Series one.

Guy in #3 would not have threatened you unless you had a Patriot's jersey on. And his friend behind his left shoulder looked upon you with friendly eyes and would have protected you. And his friend to the right was doing what you were, snapping away at the big party!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    What in the photo makes you think the photographer was nervous?

It's overall tension and a perceived camera shake.

By the way Liz did I tell ya I like It mwink.gif