Options

Metal Print Client Order - Super Nervous

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited February 9, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi everyone! I'm super excited but super nervous as well. This has been the largest order a client has placed thus far & the biggest print I've sold - YEAH! Did this photoshoot last November & the clients just ordered tons of prints, the files + a Metal Cluster - Classic Triptych (I'm ordering from BayPhoto) with the middle a 20x30 & the outer 2 are 16x20. I need to touch up yet but thought I'd get some feedback first... what would you do to process these better? Etc? I was going to clone out that dreadful tree sticking up in the middle of the right photo but the clients like it and don't want it removed. Otherwise, I love how the water line tends to flow from photo to photo... the sky is reflected in the outer two but not the center... should I try to color match it slightly or leave as is? And if so how would you do it? Slightly burn the edges?

I'm looking forward to your feedback, critique & advice. Thanks so much!

Screenshot of the cropped layout:

i-VvnJ8NB-XL.png

i-HzfsnV4-XL.png

Images without crop:

i-qtZMg78-XL.jpg

i-J7kbrMh-XL.jpg

i-fHH6K2j-XL.jpg
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2012
    Good for you Cindy. clap.gif I'm kind of a simple guy. I'd just put a slight reverse vignette (darken) on all of them and let it be. If you use Lightroom, use "highlight priority" at maybe 20% or so, and I think you'll be happy.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    Good for you Cindy. clap.gif I'm kind of a simple guy. I'd just put a slight reverse vignette (darken) on all of them and let it be. If you use Lightroom, use "highlight priority" at maybe 20% or so, and I think you'll be happy.

Thanks Icebear :-)

Updated the pics. Took the tree out & it does look so much better - showed the clients & they agreed. I LOVE content aware fill in PSCS5. Had to clean up afterwards a bit but it took all of about 4 min. whereas before it would have taken so much longer & I probably woulda said heck with it. Will add the updated ones above.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!