Just a little group

CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited February 10, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy gang... Just thought I would share this little image with you all. This group portrait is of the cast & crew of the Siegfried & Roy Show in Las Vegas and was taken by me back in 1995 with a 5" RoundShot panoramic camera. The negative produced from one of these 360 degree shots are 5"x17 inches...
This particular image is the better part of 5x12 inches... The people in this shot are actually in a semi circle around me and the stage was domed...
I never produced anything more than 1:1 proofs from the 5inch negatives because when I photographed this image I also shot the group with my Noblex... it was much easier working with a 2.25 x 4.50" image considering the only lab that could handle my huge panos was in Florida...

So where am I going with all of this?... A few months ago there was a cast reunion and I was contacted by some member of the cast wanting to get another copy of my print... After scratching my head for a minute:scratch I decided to send my 5" negatives over to West Coast Imaging in California to have them drum scanned just to see what they would look like... I have always wanted to do this with these and many of my other negatives and transparencies but in the past it was cost prohibitive. Long story short... I sent them over... and was blown away at what I got back.

Back in the day when I was shooting my Roundshot, I primarily shot Chrome... (that's slide film for those of you who have never heard of or seen Chrome) :barbor ...haha ...As some of you may know... shooting panos can be challenging enough... but... shooting panos with Chrome... well ..let's just say it was always a thrill... I gotta tell you though... my Chromes...oh my goodness... they are my favorites... Maybe I'll share more in the future.

The image could probably be better were my photoshop skills better... I'm just winging it here...
Thanks for looking...

Sig-N-Roy-Show_web.jpg
I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
www.iWasThereToo.com

Comments

• RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    I think this is really cool. Thank you for sharing.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    Thanks for looking Ryan...

I have to say I am most excited about my border treatment as anything... It may not be visible but I created a great texture. On the screen it may look like linen...but it's not... it is much heavier, I have also tried to make the image float up off the BG... It looks super good at print size.
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Awesome shot and PP
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Hinson wrote: »
    Awesome shot and PP

Thank you... and thanks for looking...

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com