Options

Better headshot crops

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited February 10, 2012 in People
My last batch was blah and focused on lighting. These are better crops I think.

2512-10-L.jpg

My son thinks I look like Steve Jobs. :scratch

2512-13-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    LOVE the one of you - gorgeous "glowy" light, great expression, and the crop/energy mean I don't even look at the background really. If I were considering you as my ENT that shot would definitely persuade me that you were confident, friendly, and compassionate!!

Not quite as convinced by the one of your boy, although it's still a nice shot - I think I'd probably experiment with tilting his and crop it in even tighter.

And I still want your garage ;)
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    LOVE the one of you - gorgeous "glowy" light, great expression, and the crop/energy mean I don't even look at the background really. If I were considering you as my ENT that shot would definitely persuade me that you were confident, friendly, and compassionate!!

Thanks, DM. Would the headshot make you consider me as a tenor in your production of Carmen?
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2012
    Agree with DM. You nailed the SP. You've got the right setup, now it is all about expression.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Just a nit about the son shot, his posture. I read a tip that I liked, place one hand on the subject's lower back and one on the front of their shoulder and they automatically sit up straighter. You are much better looking than Jobs btw!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Bwahahaha.... No, Mitchell, to be considered for Don Jose you'd need to be projecting Crazy Psycho Stalker Dude rather than warm and compassionate!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    The one thing that srikes me is probably as much an issue of optical confusion due to contrast as anything else, but the posing and light angle seem to trick my vision into thinking the left eye of your son is brighter than the right. Your SP doesn't have that issue, and it's due to what seems about a third or half-stop more light bathing the left side of the face.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2012
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Just a nit about the son shot, his posture. I read a tip that I liked, place one hand on the subject's lower back and one on the front of their shoulder and they automatically sit up straighter. You are much better looking than Jobs btw!

Good suggestion, Trudy. Amazing how the posture thing can translate into a headshot.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    Bwahahaha.... No, Mitchell, to be considered for Don Jose you'd need to be projecting Crazy Psycho Stalker Dude rather than warm and compassionate!!! iloveyou.gif

How about the romantic lyric tenor Rodolpho? :cry
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Wrong color shirt to look like Steve Jobs....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2012
    Nice job, the young man is handsome............post man?