Few pet shots C&C

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited February 11, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Wasn't sure exactly where to post these, so thought this would be the best bet.

These are a handful of shots of our puppy taken the last couple days. Some of them are okayish, lots turned out terrible. One I really wish was focused correctly but it didn't happen that way as you'll see.
I would like some tips if possible on how to capture a fast moving dog sharply. I can practice nearly everyday with this exact same setup and location as well.

These were taken in a fairly shaded area on a mostly cloudy day. Shutter Speed was 1/1000th, aperture 5.6, and I had to bump the ISO up to 800 to have it look decent in camera. My biggest failure was the focus mode. For some reason it didn't click to find the one that tracks moving subjects (continuous servo?). D7000 and Sigma 17-50 2.8.

ASC2048-M.jpg
2. I love the sharpness and detail on this one on her head especially. Zooming in with LR3 you can see her saliva hanging off some of her whiskers and such.
ASC2088-M.jpg
ASC1986-M.jpg
ASC2100-M.jpg
ASC2066-M.jpg

And this last one is the one I wish was on focus. Full stride like this would have been awesome to capture.
ASC2073-M.jpg

This is the link to the gallery with the bigger pictures if anyone wanted to. I think there may be 1 shot I didn't post here, but it isn't that good.