Options

>>> vote for challenge 17 winner <<<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 2, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
tree drops by snapapple

from andy: snappy - this is a stunning photo, i really dig the multitude of reflections in all of the drops. it's a visual feast, and sort of abstract-y in nature. congrats on a fine job.

from Moti: An amazing picture, I like the way the droplets and the reflections really stand out on the soft focus background. A very nice and original abstract effect, well done

6502555-L.jpg

queen mary ii by seemoon

from andy: simone, this is a wonderful "found" reflection. lots of interest here, you captured a giant something (the ship) and put it in some really good context.

From Moti: This is a really great play on reflections. I love the way that it captures the man with the camera taking a shot of the boat at the same time as you see the reflection of the the boat in the windows.

6399649-L.jpg

done fishin' by tmlphoto

from andy: i so very much like this shot - it speaks to me, the end of the day, the lovely colors, soft reflection, and i wonder how the day's catch was.

from Moti: I agree with Andy, the soft focus on the water gives this shot a nice dreamy quality

6139279-L.jpg

pinball wizard by dugmar

from andy: a good one - have to work a bit to find the reflection, and that's a good thing. i would try to make this a bit less orangy, i think it would be more pleasing. it's really a white-balance issue i'm sure... lovely shot, congrats.

From Moti - a really cool image this one, the reflection perfectly positioned for maximum impact. The brash gold works for me, it goes perfectly with the subject, well done.

6516087-L.jpg

covered bridge by pathfinder

from andy: picture-postcard perfect, pf! lovely colors, nice dynamic range. a very pleasant scene indeed, which i'm sure will look great printed up big.

From Moti: A lovely tranquil shot, there's a nice feeling of timelessnes about it that is very appealing. I do however find the band of brown that is the bridge a bit too dominating, a little detail or a distraction to break up the surface would have been nice.

6450531-L.jpg

sean john by wxwax

from andy: one of my favorite things - and urban reflection. this guy is so cool he's arctic. a stunning image, fantastic bw. great work.

From Moti: This is a terrific shot. Whenever you look at it you discover something new. The reflection razor sharp and perfect for the urban background and the black and white works great for the subject, congrats on a very fine picture.

6554801-L.jpg

best friends by shakey

from andy: really pleasant to look at, a fun reflection quickly caught, i'm sure, becuase kids move so fast! well done.

from Moti: Excellent capture, I like the story here, the friend captured as a reflection in the glasses, the colours are beautiful too

6286459-M.jpg

whisper a rainbow by ginger

from andy: ginger, this is a stunning photograph, so visually pleasing in many ways. pastel colors, symmetry in the reflection, a wall-hanger for sure. i bet you could sell this print easily. congratulations on some very fine work.

from Moti: this is just gorgeous, I like everything about this picture, colour, composition, reflection everything. Andy's right, I am sure you could sell this print easily, good for you, it's a beautiful photograph

6393421-L.jpg

please vote for the winner of challeng 17, reflections 37 votes

tree drops by snapapple
16% 6 votes
queen mary ii by seemoon
18% 7 votes
done fishin' by tmlphoto
2% 1 vote
pinball wizard by dugmar
8% 3 votes
covered bridge by pathfinder
5% 2 votes
sean john by wxwax
27% 10 votes
best friends by shakey
10% 4 votes
whisper a rainbow by ginger
10% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 26, 2004
    very nice lot, once again. Now lets get those voting numbers up!!!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2004
    Yeah, this one was great. I was completely uninspired at first, but then I came around. Great shots everyone.

Doug
  • Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2004
    Great shots everyone, this is a toughie.

I had my reflection a week to soon :-)

I hope to dust of the camera this time around, I took not a single frame :-( and it looks like it is a good thing, you guy took great shots!
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2004
    Thanks Andy and Moti for giving all of us comments again! Great! thumb.gif