Options

The Osprey next door

kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
edited February 21, 2012 in Wildlife
It has been a while since I posted on this site. I have been doing mostly sports photography lately. On Saturday I was working in the yard when an Osprey swooped in low over my house and landed in a pine tree in my neighbor's yard. I watched it for a while expecting it to take off. I thought for sure that if I went in and got my camera it would be gone when I got back outside. I went back to work but it didn't leave. I finally gave in and went and got my camera. Sometimes it's amazing how short of a distance you have to go to get decent shots. Here are a few results of what I got please let me know what you think.

#1 As it turns out it didn't leave because it was busy eating.
20120211Osprey-11-L.jpg

20120211Osprey-24-L.jpg

#320120211Osprey-38-L.jpg

20120211Osprey-53-L.jpg

20120211Osprey-62-L.jpg
www.Prideinphotography.com
Powered by Smugmug
Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
Equipment
Nikon D4, D300

Comments

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Lol at the last shot.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    See what happens when you stopshooting willdife? The subjects are forced to come to you. I may have to give that a try.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    See what happens when you stopshooting willdife? The subjects are forced to come to you. I may have to give that a try.

Thanks Harry. Been trying a lot of different things lately but I want to get back to wildlife here in the next few months. I want to get over to Paynes prairie, the wetlands and the alligator farm. I have spent the last year messing with portraits, sports and landscapes.
    www.Prideinphotography.com