IR red/blue flipped
b-flipped-L.jpg

the rest are at
http://www.moonshine-images.com

Comments

• naknak Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    Nice work! Makes me curious:
    Gear? Setttings? Any comments on technique?
  • rdking647rdking647 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    f7.1 at 1/125 iso 200 using a nikon d70 a sigma 120-300 and a 2x teleconverter.
    the d70 has been converted with a 590nm IR filter so it blocks light below red (enhanced color IR is what life pixel calls it although its not a life pixel conversion)
    In this case I used a 10 second self timer to reduce any residual vibrations after setting the shutter speed/f stop.
    I took about 15 pictures since ive found that when you take moon pictures some are just sharper than others to to atmosphere distortion. after all you are looking at the moon thru miles of moving air currents.

the visible light shot was with a d7000 iso 500 1/320 at f8.

the red IR photo has minimal post processing done other than sharpening and level adjustment as well as cropping. the blue one has the red and blue color channels flipped in PS
  • naknak Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    rdking647 wrote: »
    f7.1 at 1/125 iso 200 using a nikon d70 a sigma 120-300 and a 2x teleconverter.
    the d70 has been converted with a 590nm IR filter so it blocks light below red (enhanced color IR is what life pixel calls it although its not a life pixel conversion)
    In this case I used a 10 second self timer to reduce any residual vibrations after setting the shutter speed/f stop.
    I took about 15 pictures since ive found that when you take moon pictures some are just sharper than others to to atmosphere distortion. after all you are looking at the moon thru miles of moving air currents.

the visible light shot was with a d7000 iso 500 1/320 at f8.

the red IR photo has minimal post processing done other than sharpening and level adjustment as well as cropping. the blue one has the red and blue color channels flipped in PS

Thanks! I've never been happy with my own moon shots.
  • LornceLornce Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Excellent work.

thumb.gif