Options

error uploading...um no

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited November 3, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Anybody else getting messages that there were errors uploading their photos, but then when you go to the gallery they are all there?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Anybody else getting messages that there were errors uploading their photos, but then when you go to the gallery they are all there?

Hi marlinspike - could you please reply back with some details: which uploader, browser, operating system etc?
  • Options
    razerrazer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    I get this also, only when uploading quite a few photos. I use IE (latest version) and the recommended plugin that you recommend.

If i only upload a handful of photos the problem doesnt occur.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    razer wrote:
    I get this also, only when uploading quite a few photos. I use IE (latest version) and the recommended plugin that you recommend.

If i only upload a handful of photos the problem doesnt occur.

Hi Razer, could you be more specific as to which uploader you are using? We have five or even more, uploaders :Dear.gif thank you
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    I was using the IE6 and the Windows IE uploader (i.e. the one that only works on windows with IE, not the universale one). I haven't had the issue since posting though (when I had it on 5 uploads straight, I've done 6 uploads since without any issues), so maybe it was just a fluke.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    I was using the IE6 and the Windows IE uploader (i.e. the one that only works on windows with IE, not the universale one). I haven't had the issue since posting though (when I had it on 5 uploads straight, I've done 6 uploads since without any issues), so maybe it was just a fluke.

Thanks Marlinspike. BTW, have you tried SendToSmugmug or Star Explorer?
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    I had used Star Explorer a while ago, but then it became a pay for service IIRC and I'm flat on my butt broke.

BTW, when did you become an o-fficial member of the smugmug team Andy?
  • Options
    tony larcombetony larcombe Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Yep, me too, it bombed out during the process with an error, but when you go in it has managed to upload 'some', I was doing it last night and again this morning, using the IE facility, photos were large, and it took me about 8 attempts to get 99 photos in. The last photo of each bomb was in the gallery, but there was only a partial picture, like back when we all had dial-up rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Yep, me too, it bombed out during the process with an error, but when you go in it has managed to upload 'some', I was doing it last night and again this morning, using the IE facility, photos were large, and it took me about 8 attempts to get 99 photos in. The last photo of each bomb was in the gallery, but there was only a partial picture, like back when we all had dial-up rolleyes1.gif

Tony - which uploader were you using, we have several different uploaders. Also, what is your browser, and OS? This is key information we need in order to help diagnose any problems that you are experiencing ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Well it happened again. It seems to happen in the Waiting for a reply phase. Also, while all the photos make it, it takes them a minute or so to sorta trickle in after I get this message.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Well it happened again. It seems to happen in the Waiting for a reply phase. Also, while all the photos make it, it takes them a minute or so to sorta trickle in after I get this message.

Please give the drag n drop beta uploader a try - I use this one all day, everyday without difficulty. In the meantime, I'm going to seek some add'l help on your windows uploader issue - sorry you're having troubles!

Andy
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005

BTW, when did you become an o-fficial member of the smugmug team Andy?

lol3.gif you caught on to that, eh? :D
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    I gotta second using the universal uploader - it is far better. If you are still having problems email support and they can tell you how to uninstall the uploader activex control.
    andy wrote:
    Please give the drag n drop beta uploader a try - I use this one all day, everyday without difficulty. In the meantime, I'm going to seek some add'l help on your windows uploader issue - sorry you're having troubles!

Andy
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2005
    I did eventually get the uninstall to take and got the universal one working, but I find it is significantly slower than the IE one. 35 minutes on the IE one is like 70 on the universal one.