• oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    sam wrote: »
    i have to be honest..................i cheer for the bull. :d

sam

+1
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    While I too cheer for the bull, the fighter is very brave.

But the image has IQ issues, but the capture is excellent with the subject positioning
    Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    While I too cheer for the bull, the fighter is very brave.

But the image has IQ issues, but the capture is excellent with the subject positioning

I agree with all of you, but I think the bull is brave and the fighter crazy! This was my first time ever to a bullfight, it was an experience. I am convinced it can be done without hurting or killing the bull. In Portugal they do it like this. There is a lot of tradition involved that is worth preserving, but some things have to change.
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    I don't know how it could be done without hurting the bull... I haven't seen that movie..lol
    I've been to a bullfight ... it's a lasting memory... no need to go again...
    To me it's like the weird neighborhood kid who pokes animals with sticks & is sickly cruel to them... then grows up to become a serial killer... Ole' :)
    and yes I eat meat....haha
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 16, 2012
    IMO, bullfighting is a national embarrassment where I live. Sadly, it's a big business, which is why it persists despite widespread disapproval.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    I agree with all of you, but I think the bull is brave and the fighter crazy! This was my first time ever to a bullfight, it was an experience. I am convinced it can be done without hurting or killing the bull. In Portugal they do it like this. There is a lot of tradition involved that is worth preserving, but some things have to change.

I was in Portugal south of Lisbon a couple of years ago, where this town had a two week festival. A bull killed a day and a local restaurant served the days kill. Holy Sh**t. I just couldn't attend (& I really wanted to go) after seeing a vid on the "Portugese way" (different in Spain)

It includes 6 or 7 dudes on horses, stabbing the bull until he can barely stand - then the guy in leotards comes and finishes him off.

Shoot bullriding, the bulls always win & live to buck again.

http://ragspix.smugmug.com/Competitions/1107-Bullriding/18162760_GVfX8j#!i=1394894407&k=RKB2Pzj&lb=1&s=A
    Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    Good points.