Options

My Winter Weddings (21 pix)

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited February 17, 2012 in Weddings
I've had 3 of my own this winter, one big, one medium, and one small. As always I've been keeping busy shooting galas and weddings as a sub, but these are my 3.

Dec 10
Locations: Sts. Phillip and James Catholic Church, Charles Street Baltimore.
Baltimore Country Club

MariaMichael-5-L.jpg

MariaMichael-54DE-L.jpg

MariaMichael-65-L.jpg

MariaMichael-97-L.jpg
I've photographed at the BCC before...but not at Christmas, they really do it up Victorian.
MariaMichael-180-L.jpg

MariaMichael-182-L.jpg

MariaMichael-255-L.jpg

NYE EVE
Locations St Ignatius Hickory, the Boumi Temple White Marsh

CarlieVince-6-L.jpg

CarlieVince-36-L.jpg

CarlieVince-74-L.jpg

CarlieVince-131-L.jpg

CarlieVince-162-L.jpg

CarlieVince-250-L.jpg
all of the light in this picture is flash...really tested the limits of radio popper range on this one.

CarlieVince-260-L.jpg
The Nu-school (DSLR) videographer set up this hot light in an shoot thru umbrella, but wash sheepish to use it because it was sun-like. I told him he shouldn't put it up in vain and if he was going to pop it off do it on the last dance...This is all his lovely light.

carlievince-268DE-L.jpg

Location Deer Creek Overlook 1/28...The bride is my wife's best friend from High School, I've known her and her husband for 15+ years, and the M(atron)oH is my wife. So yay for me I guess, finally got to take home a bridesma(tron). :P

MelissaMark-3-L.jpg

MelissaMark-24-L.jpg

MelissaMark-34-L.jpg

MelissaMark-100-L.jpg

MelissaMark-91-L.jpg

MelissaMark-145-L.jpg

Bonus...this is us and a couple of other photocrashers we know.

MelissaMark-176-L.jpg

Comments, questions, and critique always welcome and appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    Beautiful and creative shoe shot, among many others. And 20 is a wall hanger; hope they buy a huge canvas of that!
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    I agree number 20 is nice but I love #12!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    First - I love your ring shot, #10 and #18 :) The upper corners of 18 are a little bit unrealistic in color, but I think that since the whole image is saturated that it's not a detriment.

20 has a ton of potential... I might bring the contrast up a tad and bump the vibrance so that the colors in the background sing a little bit so the couple pops out a little more. The composition and mood is spot on, so I think with a couple tiny adjustments this one could be a seriously amazing. :)

I wonder about shooting heavier couples. I learned (from our own lovely Heather) that shooting from a level below their chin is one of the less-flattering positions. I wonder whether you might have tried any shots from a little bit higher position so we could see what that looks like? I am sure that there are other little tricks to help flatter the larger individuals (I know that there is something about making sure that the woman's arm is away from her body - maybe hand on her hip) or covering it with the veil... though I understand that during a wedding you don't always get time to do exactly what you'd like to do :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!