Options

Canon Remote Switch for a dRebel

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited July 31, 2004 in Flea Market
I am looking for a Canon Remote Switch to take with me to a family baby shower. Afterwards, I could use it for night photography. In fact if I got it soon enough I could photograph a blue moon. Weather permitting.

Any suggestions?

ginger
:deal

I received a package that looks to be my Viking 512 mb memory card. :clap
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I am looking for a Canon Remote Switch to take with me to a family baby shower. Afterwards, I could use it for night photography. In fact if I got it soon enough I could photograph a blue moon. Weather permitting.

Any suggestions?

ginger
    deal.gif

I received a package that looks to be my Viking 512 mb memory card. clap.gif

is this what you want? i hope ....
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2004
    memory and remotes...........
    andy wrote:
    Andy, yes, I am constantly running out of memory. AT my age, one must need more.

In addition, I would like a remote for that shower, in a wk and a half, and I don't want to pay 50.00.

ginger
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    In addition, I would like a remote for that shower, in a wk and a half, and I don't want to pay 50.00.
    ginger
    Hmmm... A remote for the shower.... You may not know that some Japanese toilets wash and dry the sitter, Now that is already strange enough for Americans, but I must admit that the remote controls for the toilets (really!!) perplexes me beyond measure. Afterall how far away can you get? ne_nau.gif

Now about the remote for your shower :D
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, yes, I am constantly running out of memory. AT my age, one must need more.

ginger
    Hi Ginge...

this is the remote I bought for my Rebel. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004WCID/cynosurexinternaA/104-8809774-3286332

I did'nt like the idea that you have to be "in front" of the camera to work the remote.. It's been great for me and less expensive.

Is this the kind of thing you mean??
    Lynn
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 28, 2004
    Ginger, I have this one, seems to be about the same as the RC5, only $5 less:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=116234&is=REG

and yeah, it only works when you are in front of the camera. And I mean in front! So I haven't used it as much as I thought, for catching wildlife and stuff, as I had hoped. But it does work perfect when you just want to not touch the camera, as in night shots.

I'm guessing for the shower, you may want to go Lynn's route.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited July 31, 2004
    Does the 2 ft cord work for you?
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Ginge...

this is the remote I bought for my Rebel. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004WCID/cynosurexinternaA/104-8809774-3286332

I did'nt like the idea that you have to be "in front" of the camera to work the remote.. It's been great for me and less expensive.

Is this the kind of thing you mean??
    Lynn
    Hi Lynn, mornin'. I just checked this thread, a little slow here. That is exactly what I was looking for. When I see those things, I wonder about the 2 ft, I wonder why they are not longer.

YOu know so that I could get in a group picture and use the thingy, rather than the timer, to take the photo.

The price is right on that one, would have been better if I had seen it last week, worried about shipping. The price is right, but I am wonder about what the advantage of the thing would be at a party since it only has a two foot cord.

Does the two foot cord thing ever bother you, or are you just using it as a "no shake the camera" thing.

ginger

I wish I had PMd you, I would want to order it this weekend, earliest, but maybe it makes no difference to wait until Monday, or armed with the info, I might try calling Best Buy.

Still wondering why there isn't a choice for a longer cord.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Hi Lynn, mornin'. I just checked this thread, a little slow here. That is exactly what I was looking for. When I see those things, I wonder about the 2 ft, I wonder why they are not longer.

YOu know so that I could get in a group picture and use the thingy, rather than the timer, to take the photo.

The price is right on that one, would have been better if I had seen it last week, worried about shipping. The price is right, but I am wonder about what the advantage of the thing would be at a party since it only has a two foot cord.

Does the two foot cord thing ever bother you, or are you just using it as a "no shake the camera" thing.

ginger

I wish I had PMd you, I would want to order it this weekend, earliest, but maybe it makes no difference to wait until Monday, or armed with the info, I might try calling Best Buy.

Still wondering why there isn't a choice for a longer cord.
    Yo Ginger - I believe they sell extensions for the corded remote, but I'm also pretty sure they go for as much or more than the remote itself. If you just want to be in group shots, why not just get the cheap cordless remote??? the one I posted up for you about 3 posts ago costs the same as the short 2 ft corded one, and is specifically for group shots. the 2 ft cord one is only to avoid camera shake.
    Erik

• Options
    edited July 31, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Yo Ginger - I believe they sell extensions for the corded remote, but I'm also pretty sure they go for as much or more than the remote itself. If you just want to be in group shots, why not just get the cheap cordless remote??? the one I posted up for you about 3 posts ago costs the same as the short 2 ft corded one, and is specifically for group shots. the 2 ft cord one is only to avoid camera shake.
    Hehe, thanks Eric. It looks like I should be buying one of each, or the extension, and I have not seen it. I think I know what you are talking about, saw it somewhere on the net, didn't know how well it worked, never thought about having to be right in front of it.

Or complete dark ought to be a problem, also. I handhold my camera most places and times, even those night shots on the beach, handheld, just don't carry stuff, poor planning, or overload, who knows. I no longer own my own tripod, well, to be honest, if I did, I would not carry it. Me, the dogs and a backpack, all I can handle right there.

But that group shot, and I think they are the photos people look back on. Why people could even have fun taking their own. clap.gif I could just set the camera up, on a borrowed, sturdy, tripod, aim it, pretty wide, put a chair there, and people could come and go, I could cull them, and we could all laugh. :roll

Thanks, Eric, that is what I will get for now.

ginger
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Hehe, thanks Eric. It looks like I should be buying one of each, or the extension, and I have not seen it. I think I know what you are talking about, saw it somewhere on the net, didn't know how well it worked, never thought about having to be right in front of it.

Or complete dark ought to be a problem, also. I handhold my camera most places and times, even those night shots on the beach, handheld, just don't carry stuff, poor planning, or overload, who knows. I no longer own my own tripod, well, to be honest, if I did, I would not carry it. Me, the dogs and a backpack, all I can handle right there.

But that group shot, and I think they are the photos people look back on. Why people could even have fun taking their own. clap.gif I could just set the camera up, on a borrowed, sturdy, tripod, aim it, pretty wide, put a chair there, and people could come and go, I could cull them, and we could all laugh. :roll

Thanks, Eric, that is what I will get for now.

ginger
    You're welcome. The one thing I should point out though, is that the RC-5 still gives you a 2 second delay. So make sure your group knows this (and stays put for 2 seconds)! But for $20, and in stock at most camera shops (since it works with all the powershots too), its a quick easy solution.
    Erik