Options

#96 Drafts

AngryRedAngryRed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited February 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Rough drafts of what I'm thinking for #96. This would be my first hat in the ring per se so I'm open to any critique including they totally suck, go home kid. :ear

Alamo05-L.jpg

Alamo06-L.jpg

Alamo13jpg-L.jpg

I think #1 is my favorite but it needs something. Maybe more contrast or less noise in the clouds?
Thanks for looking.
-AR
Love this place, but I am an ADV rider too!
F800GS

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    I like #1 best here too. Probably would benefit from bringing up the blacks a little. But, I wish I had this shot without the car, or with less of the car. I think it takes up too much of the frame here.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    SAMBALAMSAMBALAM Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    I like #3 the best. I agree that #1 would probably be a little better without the car just because the scenery is amazing. However, the uniqueness to the feet print it the sand is a great spin on this challenge.
  • Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2012
    I agree, #3. It's really easy in this challenge for things to turn into "just another road shot."
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    AngryRedAngryRed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    Thanks guys. I may spend some more time working on #3 after the comments.
    Love this place, but I am an ADV rider too!
    F800GS
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    I like #2, although I'd like to see the horizon moved up by cropping some clouds.
    Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    I like #2 also.
    which ever one you go with be sure you check the rules to see what it says about frames. I am not sure what the latest rule is, but in the past they have not been allowed for the most part.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    I quite like #3 with #2 being close behind. I'm pretty sure that frames of this nature are against the rules... so you'll want to remove that or you risk DQ.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Definitely check the frames. Aside from that, great shots! I like the processing. For me, #3 is different from other entries and I like that. I also really like #2.