Lost my thread :-(

blueyesblueyes Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 19, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
I had been talking to Eric about customizing my site, now I cant find our conversation so I can follow the instructions. Help!

blueyes

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited February 16, 2012
    blueyes wrote: »
    I had been talking to Eric about customizing my site, now I cant find our conversation so I can follow the instructions. Help!

blueyes
    Is this the one you mean: http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1736551&postcount=6 ?

You can find all your own posts easily by looking at your user profile.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 16, 2012
    Blame me. Here's what happened... When a thread is initially placed in a forum where it might not best seen, it gets moved to a more fitting place on DGrin. That thread, for a short time, visibly exists in two places - in the initial sub-forum but with a redirected link, where clicking it moves the viewer to that moved thread in the new location - and also in the intended forum (such as Smugmug Customization, like your thread).

After a thread is responded to and acknowledged by the original poster, or after a bit of time (say, a week or so), I will remove the redirect, and the thread will only be visible in the intended sub-forum. This is what happened to your thread, and why, if you came into DGrin Support looking for it, you might not see it where you initially placed it or expected to find it, and wonder where it landed.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • blueyesblueyes Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Blame me. Here's what happened... When a thread is initially placed in a forum where it might not best seen, it gets moved to a more fitting place on DGrin. That thread, for a short time, visibly exists in two places - in the initial sub-forum but with a redirected link, where clicking it moves the viewer to that moved thread in the new location - and also in the intended forum (such as Smugmug Customization, like your thread).

After a thread is responded to and acknowledged by the original poster, or after a bit of time (say, a week or so), I will remove the redirect, and the thread will only be visible in the intended sub-forum. This is what happened to your thread, and why, if you came into DGrin Support looking for it, you might not see it where you initially placed it or expected to find it, and wonder where it landed.

Wow, I thought that stuff only happened at my house :-P Thanks, I am trying to learn all of this stuff
  • blueyesblueyes Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Is this the one you mean: http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1736551&postcount=6 ?

You can find all your own posts easily by looking at your user profile.

Where do I find my user profile?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012

Click on your name right here in this thread.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Your profile is found by looking the the upper right corner, to the right of where it says Welcome "blueyes" and you should see a little icon that looks a "rolodex biz card"
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Your profile is found by looking the the upper right corner, to the right of where it says Welcome "blueyes" and you should see a little icon that looks a "rolodex biz card"

Technically that's your Control Panel. Your Profile is accessed by clicking on your name in the same area. Either one can get you to your posts. If through your Profile you have to also click "Statistics".
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    As Andy says, click your user name on the left and in the dropdown click this.

Find More Posts by blueyes
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog