Nonna at the beach

casaccasac Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 1, 2005 in People
This is my first try at posting - I was looking for opinions/critiques on this shot - I like it - but find I prefer "back end shots" not sure why? I always gravitate to them though...guess I am looking to see what impartial parties think of it. I changed it to B & W because it was a gray day anyhow.
Thanks!:dunno

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    I think it is interesting and has some good potential. Technically I would start by rotating it enough to straighten the horizon - the wall being askew bothers me.

I would also crop it such that Nonna is not centered, but to the left third of the frame - so that she has room to move or gaze into to her right.

ann
  • smittymike19smittymike19 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    I think it is interesting and has some good potential. Technically I would start by rotating it enough to straighten the horizon - the wall being askew bothers me.

I would also crop it such that Nonna is not centered, but to the left third of the frame - so that she has room to move or gaze into to her right.

ann
    i dont think its possible to "straighten" this shot as you are suggesting. Take a look at nonna, she is perfectly straight. if you rotate the picture she will be crooked.

i think what would work is to crop out the background and leave her to the left of the frame, however, youwill lose the ocean on the left which gives a sense of "place". so its your call, either way, Nice shot!:):
  • casaccasac Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 1, 2005
    Thank you both for your comments - I had looked at the straightening but the pier is actually slanted and then Nonna was crooked. It is not actually the ocean but a sand pool on the left (low tide) but again when I cut out that side it looked very different. - It was so gray it was hard to tell it was the beach
    I appreciate your time looking at this. Now I may send more shots in... 1drink.gif

i dont think its possible to "straighten" this shot as you are suggesting. Take a look at nonna, she is perfectly straight. if you rotate the picture she will be crooked.

i think what would work is to crop out the background and leave her to the left of the frame, however, youwill lose the ocean on the left which gives a sense of "place". so its your call, either way, Nice shot!:):