Package Ordering

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited February 17, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When a client is ordering a package there is an option to change galleries. Galleries that are unlisted are showing up to my clients. I need to ensure they can only change to certain galleries. How do I make it so they can't change to any gallery I have?

Also, I have my images watermarked through smugmug pro account watermarking. When dragging the images into a package the watermark stays on the image and looks like it would be printed that way. How do I know that the smugmug watermark won't be printing on the images?
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    I've moved your thread from Dgrin Forum Support to the SmugMug Pro Sales Support Forum. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    I've moved your thread from Dgrin Forum Support to the SmugMug Pro Sales Support Forum. thumb.gif

Thanks so much! I hope I can find it there! :)
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited February 16, 2012
    Someone will still see this over here, yeah?
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    kristen wrote: »
    Someone will still see this over here, yeah?

They should. And more importantly the people who know how to answer it will see it here (they don't necessarily check the Dgrin Support Forum).
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited February 16, 2012
    ...I have my images watermarked through smugmug pro account watermarking. When dragging the images into a package the watermark stays on the image and looks like it would be printed that way. How do I know that the smugmug watermark won't be printing on the images?
    Sorry I can't answer your first question; someone from smugmug support will need to answer that one (I think). I know that they do check this forum.

Watermarks are not applied to the original image so they will not be on your prints. From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343:
    No worries, watermarks will not appear on prints ordered through SmugMug.
    --- Denise
  • HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2012
    When a client is ordering a package there is an option to change galleries. Galleries that are unlisted are showing up to my clients. I need to ensure they can only change to certain galleries. How do I make it so they can't change to any gallery I have?

Without having a link to your site, I'm going to go out on a limb with what I think is wrong and if I'm wrong, please let me know :D

If you go into your Control Panel -> Pros tab and click on Packages and then edit the package in question, make sure it is set like this: https://skitch.com/heroofcanton/8nmuk/ which is very important. If you have it set to All Galleries, it is just that, literally all of your galleries. If you have it set to 'All Public Galleries' then only the public, listed galleries will be available to your customers. I tested this on my site and my packages have 'All Galleries' checked and I can see all of my personal vacation pictures, for example. Check that and let me know thumb.gif
    Also, I have my images watermarked through smugmug pro account watermarking. When dragging the images into a package the watermark stays on the image and looks like it would be printed that way. How do I know that the smugmug watermark won't be printing on the images?

Like Denise said, we don't watermark the original and those are the images that are sent to the lab for printing. If you do the watermark on your own in your post processing, those will print as we consider them to be part of the original image.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
    edited February 17, 2012
    Sorry I can't answer your first question; someone from smugmug support will need to answer that one (I think). I know that they do check this forum.

Watermarks are not applied to the original image so they will not be on your prints. From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343:
    --- Denise

Thanks so much!!! iloveyou.gif
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited February 17, 2012
    Without having a link to your site, I'm going to go out on a limb with what I think is wrong and if I'm wrong, please let me know :D

If you go into your Control Panel -> Pros tab and click on Packages and then edit the package in question, make sure it is set like this: https://skitch.com/heroofcanton/8nmuk/ which is very important. If you have it set to All Galleries, it is just that, literally all of your galleries. If you have it set to 'All Public Galleries' then only the public, listed galleries will be available to your customers. I tested this on my site and my packages have 'All Galleries' checked and I can see all of my personal vacation pictures, for example. Check that and let me know thumb.gif

Like Denise said, we don't watermark the original and those are the images that are sent to the lab for printing. If you do the watermark on your own in your post processing, those will print as we consider them to be part of the original image.

You're my new hero! Thank you! :ivar
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com