Options

Hookipa, Maui

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited February 28, 2012 in Sports
It was a tough job cutting the number of shots down to just these. So please forgive the number.

SHL3929-XL.jpg

SHL3995-XL.jpg

SHL4035-XL.jpg

SHL4137-XL.jpg

SHL4180-XL.jpg

SHL4314-XL.jpg

SHL4518-XL.jpg

SHL4560-XL.jpg

SHL5126-XL.jpg

SHL5295-XL.jpg

SHL5306-XL.jpg

SHL5411-XL.jpg

SHL5427-XL.jpg

SHL5523-XL.jpg

SHL5651-XL.jpg

SHL5695-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any CC is always welcome. I hope to get back soon!!!

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited February 17, 2012
    You've got a batch of great photos. Exposure looks good. I especially like the paddlers.

Nice work!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Very nicely done! Great composition, exposure and color.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    ian408 wrote: »
    You've got a batch of great photos. Exposure looks good. I especially like the paddlers.

Nice work!

Thanks. The paddlers were interesting! The kid is 14 years old and I was told that he recently competed in the world championships. The older guy is the lifeguard on that beach. He has been there for 25 years. He gets to go out every now and again to train on the water.
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    Hi, Awesome pics. Hawaii water is so pretty. I just thought I'd throw in what one surfer told me once, Never cut off the spray. The amount of water thrown shows how much power there is in the turn, so like in #13, some of the spray is missing. Would be nice to keep it all in if you can. and try to keep in the picture more of where the guy is going than where he's been (except if he just turned), to see what he's up against next on the wave.
    You take the most excellent pictures anyway. I'm off to a soccer game to try to get some decent shots. Will probably never be as good as you.
    Anna
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2012
    ASkip wrote: »
    Hi, Awesome pics. Hawaii water is so pretty. I just thought I'd throw in what one surfer told me once, Never cut off the spray. The amount of water thrown shows how much power there is in the turn, so like in #13, some of the spray is missing. Would be nice to keep it all in if you can. and try to keep in the picture more of where the guy is going than where he's been (except if he just turned), to see what he's up against next on the wave.
    You take the most excellent pictures anyway. I'm off to a soccer game to try to get some decent shots. Will probably never be as good as you.
    Anna

Thanks for the tips. Always appreciated.:D
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    All nice - exposures and comps perfect

Well done
    Rags