Textured text

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited November 1, 2005 in Finishing School
I have to admit I'm a little rusty with Photoshop these days. It's been a while since I had time to really post process... so I've forgotten many little tricks.

Right now, I'm trying to photoshop up a little gag Passport for a friend. Pretty simple, I just scanned the front cover and I want to change the "United States of America" to say something else. I've got a good match on color and font, but it looks weird without the texture.

Can anyone give me a quick solution? We're not going for production here, just a bit of a better look to lend to the quality of the joke.
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 1, 2005
    my passport scan:

42552713-M.jpg

hard to see this size, check the large
    Erik

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    The first thing I would try would be to play around with the blending mode of the text. If that doesn't work, maybe try to copy a section of the background texture onto a new layer, move it in front of the text and start playing with the blending mode.

There is a texturizer filter... there might be a preset texture that's close enough.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Eric, don't you worry, we'll visit you in prison lol3.gif
    edited November 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Eric, don't you worry, we'll visit you in prison lol3.gif
    Great, I knew I could count on you guys!
    Erik

• edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Dupe the blue channel and copy pieces of texture over the type. Smooth seams with the healing brush. Boost the contrast as far as you can, without plugging up or blowing out the texture. I used the red channel to mask out the text but I assume you still have it on a layer. copy a chunk of the hi-contrast texture into a layer and use the type layer as a clipping mask. Put the texture in Hard Light mode at around 40%.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
    edited November 1, 2005
    edgework wrote:
    Dupe the blue channel and copy pieces of texture over the type. Smooth seams with the healing brush. Boost the contrast as far as you can, without plugging up or blowing out the texture. I used the red channel to mask out the text but I assume you still have it on a layer. copy a chunk of the hi-contrast texture into a layer and use the type layer as a clipping mask. Put the texture in Hard Light mode at around 40%.
    Yikes! :uhoh

I'll give it a go. did I mention I was rusty? lol3.gif
    Erik