Options

She'll make a cute senior in a few more years.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited February 20, 2012 in People
A young lady from this morning.

1. i-QzzPN85-L.jpg

2. i-WTKpPkd-L.jpg

3. i-R63DvmD-L.jpg

4. i-SGj3zTV-L.jpg

5. i-zG49w2x-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    Oh my - her expression in #3!! Priceless. Adorable kid - clearly a little communicator already.... :)
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2012
    Yes, great expressions at 7 weeks old. I really wanted to do the sleeping baby poses but no such luck with this one, totally wide awake the entire time and crying most of the time. Had to put the props away and do more of a traditional session.
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    How fun...what a doll... Great set...
    be sure to show Ryan those catchlights....lol
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    What a great set! I love the expressions on her face!
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    I'm glad you got rid of the props. These are fantastic just as is. The only one that I don't care for as much is #3. Too much fabric going on for my taste and her hair blends into the background.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2012
    Brett,
    Agreed on the fabric but mom was under there holding the baby on her
    chest.
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    I really like the shots done on white. For some reason, "cute shots" with an infant done on black just doesn't work for me.

Is that a diaper cover in number two? Don't see too many plain white diapers these days. That looks sooooo much better than one with printing all over it.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    #2 is great. Love the idea of the fresh white towels. They make a simple but charming "baby stand" (and I'm sure you had a super clamp on the back side holding her in place!)
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    Thanks all, some quick tips on the towels. When they are folded they look terrible so there is a 1 inch piece of foam core between each fold to give it some thickness. The towels are done on the floor so the child can't fall tooooooo far......mom is right there and believe me hands are almost in the frame.

This child was tough, she cried almost all of the time there and when I put her on her tummy she did a great superman flying pose and got even louder. To help with that on the pink dress mom is lying on the floor on her back with her head facing me and I cover her with the fabric as she grasps the child underneath holding her on her chest and tries to get an expression while trying to hold her on an angle that I can get. I'm shooting over her nose basically. Hope that helps someone.
  • Options
    bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Charles - pretty creative on the mom-pod holding the baby in the one with the pink dress! I never would have guessed there was a person under there. I really like #4 for simplicity of it, and the mom's elegant white outfit. Superb job!