Options

smugmug.albums.get and hidden albums

jdaguilarjdaguilar Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
I'm finishing an upload app for Android devices, and found this little misbehaviour: the API method albums.get returns all the user's albums, but not the hidden ones. Is that correct?

If the user wants to upload the photos to a hidden album he/she will need first unhide the album, configure it in my app, and after that hide it again. The upload to a hidden album works perfectly.

There is a way to bypass this behaviour?

Comments

• Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    jdaguilar wrote: »
    I'm finishing an upload app for Android devices, and found this little misbehaviour: the API method albums.get returns all the user's albums, but not the hidden ones. Is that correct?

If the user wants to upload the photos to a hidden album he/she will need first unhide the album, configure it in my app, and after that hide it again. The upload to a hidden album works perfectly.

There is a way to bypass this behaviour?

If you use OAuth and your app requests "full" permissions it should be able to retrieve all albums by the user.
  • Options
    jdaguilarjdaguilar Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 17, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    If you use OAuth and your app requests "full" permissions it should be able to retrieve all albums by the user.

Ouch....I was avoiding requesting full permissions (first of all because I don't need it), but if there is no other way....

Thanks for the info!