Youth Football

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited November 5, 2005 in Sports
Here are a few shots from my day spent at the local youth football field. I think I am getting to the point where I am going to start out my business card to try to sell a few shots.........Comments welcome. Thaks. John

42471837-L.jpg

42468377-L.jpg

42470841-L.jpg

42460093-M.jpg

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    Here are a few shots from my day spent at the local youth football field. I think I am getting to the point where I am going to start out my business card to try to sell a few shots.
    Bravo. With shots like that you're sure to get some sales - parents love pics of the kids playing sports.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Number one is your best. All the others are very good, but could be made event better by cropping away the extraneous stuff. It all depends on if you have the time to manually crop or not. What lens are you using?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    StevenV wrote:
    Bravo. With shots like that you're sure to get some sales - parents love pics of the kids playing sports.
    Thanks Steven.
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    Number one is your best. All the others are very good, but could be made event better by cropping away the extraneous stuff. It all depends on if you have the time to manually crop or not. What lens are you using?
    Bill, I agree with your comment on cropping. Problem is, these are already pretty well croped from the original shot. If I crop much tighter then I going to lose quality. I am using a 70-200L f2.8 with a 1.4 extender, so my reach is somewhat limited unless the play is coming right at me. I do need to try shoot tighter so the final cropped image can be made tighter. Thanks for your comments.

John

Here are a few more from the same day.....

42631805-O.jpg

42640121-O.jpg

42637648-O.jpg
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 2, 2005
    Hi John,

This last batch looks a bit OE. In the first, the first shot is nice though the
    horizon is rotated a tad.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Parents will love them! You should have been passing out cards a long time ago!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos