Options

Copy From SmugMug to a Forum in Google Chrome?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HoldyourfireAlHoldyourfireAl Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    It sounds like you're using the IE copy option which copies the actual photo to the clipboard. That's available in Chrome, too. Just use the "copy image" option. I just tried it and using copy image in Chrome, I was able to paste the photo into MS Paint just fine.

As I previously reported. This does not work for me. I recently downloaded & installed Chrome, so I would think I have the most up to date version. Maybe I need an add-on or something?
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    The way you're talking about posting from IE doesn't make sense. You're using vbulletin which doesn't allow a link to just be posted to embed an image unless you're using some sort of other plugin on vbulletin or something on your computer.

You normally would need to use Share-->Get a Link to get a proper link to the photo and then IMG tags. If you use the Embeddable Links, it will automatically add the IMG tags required for the forum. There's no way for me to post to my vb site or this one using the method you describe.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    The way you're talking about posting from IE doesn't make sense. You're using vbulletin which doesn't allow a link to just be posted to embed an image unless you're using some sort of other plugin on vbulletin or something on your computer.

You normally would need to use Share-->Get a Link to get a proper link to the photo and then IMG tags. If you use the Embeddable Links, it will automatically add the IMG tags required for the forum. There's no way for me to post to my vb site or this one using the method you describe.

It absolute works on my forum. It may be an Administrative setting that we set up a long time ago. I will check.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    It absolute works on my forum. It may be an Administrative setting that we set up a long time ago. I will check.
    Please do because I've never heard of this being able to be done on any forum except ones running DJ's AME plugin.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    Please do because I've never heard of this being able to be done on any forum except ones running DJ's AME plugin.

I sent an email out to my brother-in-law that does the programming for our site.
    :)
  • Options
    EpicaricacyEpicaricacy Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    I have a feeling it is probably more to do with an activex control or something like that that is Internet Explorer specific. I know way back when when I coded some CM sites, the input box with all the flashy B, I, U, font selections (which are standard nowadays) etc would only work under Internet Explorer. Something to do with it hooking into the OS, that as IE was so embedded into, it could do.