late night attempt

CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited February 18, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
So I decided I wanted to try something new tonight...
I really wanted the background to be checkered flag and the checkered frame to be something else...
I am more interested in the process than a finished product at this point ...
I am sure many of you have seen something like this before but of course it was done correctly...:barb
It's late... PS is giving me grief & I am beat... I thought maybe there would be someone who knows a little about this technique out here...
I love this look...let me clarify... I love this look when it is done right...haha
thanks for looking:thumb

SpeedRacerX.jpg
I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
www.iWasThereToo.com

Comments

• RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    I think this is great. Not much to improve on, IMHO. One suggestion, the car might "sit" better in the composition if the bottom of the frame was in a different place. Having it kind of under the wheel leads to a sort of perspective issue. Is the bottom part of the frame flat, or not. Does that make sense? Let me try to explain it another way. With the frame under the right front tire like it is, the eye expects it to be "squashed flat" by the tire, but the rest of the frame is square. It leads to a less believable "3D" effect. Just my opinion of course. It really is a minor point.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    RyanS wrote: »
    I think this is great. Not much to improve on, IMHO. One suggestion, the car might "sit" better in the composition if the bottom of the frame was in a different place. Having it kind of under the wheel leads to a sort of perspective issue. Is the bottom part of the frame flat, or not. Does that make sense? Let me try to explain it another way. With the frame under the right front tire like it is, the eye expects it to be "squashed flat" by the tire, but the rest of the frame is square. It leads to a less believable "3D" effect. Just my opinion of course. It really is a minor point.

Yup... I agree... I stared at that for a bit last night after posting and all I could think was... "ya fathead"....lol
    I am either going to change the background/background to a raceway & crowd or to a checkered flag... Once that is done the Kart will really pop out of the scene... then put a smaller white frame where the checkered is now... It doesn't take very long to do this technique and I think it even takes less time to do it right......hahawings.gif
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    These are cool! Good Job thumb.gif

We used to have a thread here that had severeal OOB's posted, I believe it's title was "OOB" for (Out Of Bounds). Tutorials and all!

Edit to correct the name of the thread that Richard was so kind to post.
    Randy
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 18, 2012
    Very nice work, though I agree with Ryan's comment about the placement of the frame and the wheel. Here's the thread that Randy mentioned: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44725 Lots of cool examples there. thumb.gif
  • CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2012
    Thanks for your comments... I'm going to post a little redo here in a while...

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com