Boy and his dogs.

docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited November 2, 2005 in People
This are some recent pics of my son and the dogs out by the river.

41741486-L.jpg

41741492-L.jpg

41741490-L.jpg

Thanx for looking. Comments, critiques always welcome. Kevin.

Comments

• TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Great captures! Love that first one.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Great shots!!
    I love them all, but #2 is my favorite. Love the little boy's expression.

Mel
  • docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    Thanx for the comments, Tristan and Mel. Kevin.
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    The last one is my favorite :)
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    Fantastic! All three!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • 52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Nice shots. The second one is great! One of those shots you could never plan.
    My 2 cents: Darn stick is in the way of the doggy on the left. It might have looked better with the left side dog closer, but then again maybe not. I kind of like the way you have to look across the picture.
    The chain is a little distracting in the last shot and the dog looks a bit out of focus. I've got a beagle that will run like the wind if I let him off the leash, so I've become a little creative hiding it in pictures. The extendable leashes help a bit. Pull it out and lock it, hide it behind the dog and then stand on the other end!
    All in all, they're nice shots. I know how hard it can be to get dogs to sit still long enough for a nice shot, and you did good.
    Eric
  • NicoleNicole Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Beautiful shots. I love them all, I can't pick a favorite.clap.gif

Nicole
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    52Caddy wrote:
    My 2 cents: Darn stick is in the way of the doggy on the left. It might have looked better with the left side dog closer, but then again maybe not. I kind of like the way you have to look across the picture.
    The chain is a little distracting in the last shot and the dog looks a bit out of focus. I've got a beagle that will run like the wind if I let him off the leash, so I've become a little creative hiding it in pictures. The extendable leashes help a bit. Pull it out and lock it, hide it behind the dog and then stand on the other end!
    All in all, they're nice shots. I know how hard it can be to get dogs to sit still long enough for a nice shot, and you did good.
    Eric
    i will go along with the comments on pic 1 and 3 but 2 is a great shot and capture --that is all boys and their dogs thumb.gif you can get that shot every day with my son and me with the dog --good shot no great shot clap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    52Caddy wrote:
    Eric
    Thanx Eric for the comments. I agree with all, especially regarding the stick in front of the dogs mouth. I'm planning on trying some PS hocus pocus to make it disappear, just haven't had time to get to it yet (it's amazing how a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 month old can eat up all your free time for things like that). As for the positioning of the critters in the 1st pic, I had to take what I could get, none of the subjects listen too well. And the chain in the 3rd, well that was a pic where i just happened to look up and saw the 2 lying next to each other - had to grab it while I could.
    Thanx again all for looking and the comments, they are appreciated. Kevin.