Alaskan Polar Plunge

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 20, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Went out and snapped a few at the Polar plunge today that was held just a couple properties over on the lake by our house. It was 28f degrees out with a stiff breeze and the water was about 33f degrees! These brave souls were raising money for a few local charities here. To see the rest of the crazy pics you can find them at http://smu.gs/ywIAh8 .:thumb

Alaska version of swan lake
JMM3187ed-L.jpg 2JMM3189ed-L.jpg

JMM3137ed-L.jpg

JMM3142ed-L.jpg

JMM3134ed-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    I like the ones with Rescue close at hand, certainly a confidence builder :D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    Great fun, Joyce. I wish you'd been positioned a bit to the right for the first one - perfect moment, but that damn head's in the way.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2012
    After looking at the whole gallery, I have to say that looks like it was a fun event to shoot. And yeah, my hat was off to the rescue folks in their dry suits that had to sit on the edge getting splashed the whole time and probably froze their butts off in the seated position.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 20, 2012
    Thank you all for your comments and for looking! I hear ya about ppl getting into the shot when you don't want them there. The unfortunate part in all this is that I am disabled to the point of mobility issues. So most ppl act like I am invisable and will walk right in front of me. For this shoot I was up on a platform that was crowded. If I could have, I would have been right down there on the ice where the blue hooded guy was. But oh well, these are better than nothing and I can say I was there! ;)