Options

Girls & Guns

TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited February 26, 2012 in People
Just a few shots from my girls' shooting weekend... Shooting people is not something I do often.

i-f7Vp3vB-M.jpg

i-LRhp3wS-M.jpg

i-QhffDDP-M.jpg

i-sLtVq2D-M.jpg

And just for fun -- I quickly explained to my friend how I got the shot of her and her Glock.. She wanted to give it a try and shot this one of me and mine. :)

i-WLdCqcg-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    # 4 looks like a Charlies Angels shot. Great pics.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    This is terrible! Your gals could put a crimp in the criminal justice systems renewable resources.

Sam
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2012
    Two of us are LEO's... ;)
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Amazed by the timing you have to get the shells in mid flight.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Smokin' Hot!
  • Options
    VitaminVVitaminV Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Love the group shot!
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2012
    Thanks everyone!

We were all trying so hard not to laugh at ourselves while taking that group shot!
  • Options
    theprincereturnstheprincereturns Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2012
    I hope everyone was unloaded on shots #1 & #5 :-) Fun shots.
  • Options
    Irish Se7enIrish Se7en Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2012
    #5 didn't need to be unloaded, finger wasn't on the trigger.

#3 should have had glasses on. :uhoh LEO's should know better. 11doh.gif

I also liked the group picture.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    #5 didn't need to be unloaded, finger wasn't on the trigger.

Hope this was a joke :-) #1 rule of any gun safty class is never point a gun at anyone even if it is "unloaded". Don't want anyone to get hurt!
  • Options
    Irish Se7enIrish Se7en Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2012
    Hope this was a joke :-) #1 rule of any gun safty class is never point a gun at anyone even if it is "unloaded". Don't want anyone to get hurt!

Since it was my first post and this is my second, I won't cause a sh!tstorm when the topic deals with guns.

To answer your question, it wasn't a joke. I'm quite familiar with lazering someone, though that didn't happen here. What happened in that "shot" (pun intended) was someone posing for a picture. That person may or may not be a LEO, the photographer may or may not be a LEO. The firearm, may or may not be loaded. I would guess that you can see where I'm going with this.

What I was taught and it served me for 20 plus years, it's all about the trigger and whether or not your finger is on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk

I've taken pictures (poor quality)of guys while they had their firearms pointed towards me. No one had their fingers on the trigger and a round wasn't chambered. I will be taking some more pictures in the future of the same guys but more of a stack formation and yes, they'll be pointing their firearms at me again, sans finger on the trigger.

I'm just surprised that you overlooked the one with the firearm being discharged without the person wearing any protective eye wear. rolleyes1.gif

BTW, I love this site and I'm learning more and more everyday. When it comes to photography, I'm a hobbiest, when it comes to firearms, I'm by no means an expert but I have a little more training when it comes to shooting that than a camera.
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    As the token Canadian around these-here parts, I believe I should feel moral obligation to be offended. Aghast, even.

HUmour aside, I'd echo the previous statements: I've seen a few wire stories about people who "thought" they knew enough about firearms to circumvent the basic rules ...
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    OKay okay... Yes, we "should" know better as LEO's that we are breaking a few range "golden rules" but for the "down the barrel" shots I have to say that the only two people unvolved in those photos were two people who truly trust each other with their lives, I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else to do those shots, and in the end we have all done things to get "the right shot" that were not the safest...

Should I be wearing eye protection - Yes... Should I be wearing hearing protection - Yes... But am I also an adult and able to make those choices for myself - Yes...
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    Was not trying to ofend anyone and yes it is totally your decision. I just like your pictures and want you to be safe :-) FYI I have been shooting guns for 20+ years as well, and won serveral shooting competitions when I was younger. If you pointed your gun at anyone, even if it was unloaded, you could be DQ'd instantly. Any gun safety class will teach you the same thing as the first rule (my dad & mom teach gun safety classes together so maybe being slightly paranoid about gun safety runs in my veins ;-) ). People do much crazyier things for pictures for sure, but I vote for always being safe and lasting to take more pictures down the road!

Thinking of that . . . Maybe I should have taken it as a warning to get out of the water when I saw the sea turtles hiding on the bottom in the murky water I was snorkeling in off Maui last weekend (the tiger sharks like to eat the sea turtles). At least I stayed closer to shore than a couple of tourists who I thought I could outswim ;-)

Tdcompton wrote: »
    OKay okay... Yes, we "should" know better as LEO's that we are breaking a few range "golden rules" but for the "down the barrel" shots I have to say that the only two people unvolved in those photos were two people who truly trust each other with their lives, I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else to do those shots, and in the end we have all done things to get "the right shot" that were not the safest...

Should I be wearing eye protection - Yes... Should I be wearing hearing protection - Yes... But am I also an adult and able to make those choices for myself - Yes...
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    Really well done throughout.thumb.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    Alright I'm gonna' do it.

#1, safety rule #1 broken.
    #2, prone to stove-piping, need more grip.
    #3, textbook handling, A+
    #4 #5, Same as #3.

Haha jk jk. Cool shots though, literally, thanks for sharing. :)
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012