#96 Input requested

fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
edited February 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, I know I am all over the map on this one. I ran out of time and had been thinking of a few ideas. Please let me know what you think.

1. This is a night shot of a bridge. I also have versions of this shot with the car light motion. However, it takes away from the 'vanishing' lines of the road.
i-QMTX7Rj-L.jpg

2. This is the same road at above but during the day. I could not seem to get the shot I wanted here especially with all the harsh shadows.
i-XZRmjGT-L.jpg

3. This, and the next shot, are standing next to a skyscraper looking straight up
i-h8mdzb2-L.jpg

4. Skyscraper #2. Kind of a funny perspective, it looks like a face.
i-DT3pQ4g-L.jpg

Comments

• ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    #3 grabs me the most. The shot seems a little skewed, but that should be fixable. Also, I would suggest showing all of the 333 or none of it.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    #3 is very good - I would cut all the 333's
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    I agree with the others. #3 with a slight correction on the rotation. Maybe crop some of the sky and the definitely the partial 3s if you can't get back to reshoot before tonight.
  • fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    New Crop
    I am glad you like number three as that is my favorite. Here is a new crop removing the 333.

i-h8mdzb2-L.jpg
    edited February 20, 2012
    Where'd that other building come from? Can you get it to step to the side for the shot? ;)
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    ghinson wrote: »
    Where'd that other building come from? Can you get it to step to the side for the shot? ;)

Yea, I agree. At first i thought it was going to be too much of a crop, but as it turns out, I think it would work. This is coming along I think. This perspective almost looks horizontal rather than vertical.

i-h8mdzb2-L.jpg
    edited February 20, 2012
    Nice. "Going up?"
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Better. You might consider cropping a bit more out of the sky to give it less of an even split between building and sky. I really like the bits of blue in the sky, so maybe you could move the building up a bit in post. If you do that, you might play with the cloud layer to bring out some detail in the clouds, also.
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    I agree that it might be stronger with the horizon in a position of the rule of thirds.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited February 20, 2012
    I agree with the suggestion to crop a bit of the sky but I'm not sure you need to go with the rule of thirds here. This is my favorite of the bunch. Very nice!