Options

The Eagle and the Pelican

DeputydawgDeputydawg Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited February 22, 2012 in Wildlife
1st attempt at trying to take pics of a local eagles nest. It was a little out of my reach for the longest lens I own right now, I was also not too happy with pic quality, looks blurry and not sharp to me... but that should change by the weekend. I just picked up a Sigma 120=500mm that should arrive by the weekend..:).:D I also included my fixed pic of the Pelicans.. my favorite pic I have taken so far.
eagle-L.jpg

eagle1-L.jpg

pelicanfixed-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    illuminationillumination Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2012
    I am huge fan of eagles, especially the bald eagle (making a strong comeback). The second photo is definitely clearer than the first, but I like how you were able to capture the family in the first shot. It looks like the parents were trading shifts, if I am not mistaken. I see why the pelicans are your favorite, it has excellent detail and clarity, can't wait to see some shots with your new lens.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2012
    I am huge fan of eagles, especially the bald eagle (making a strong comeback). The second photo is definitely clearer than the first, but I like how you were able to capture the family in the first shot. It looks like the parents were trading shifts, if I am not mistaken. I see why the pelicans are your favorite, it has excellent detail and clarity, can't wait to see some shots with your new lens.

They were trading shifts... the one was about 75ft away yelling at the other to hurry up while he or she was feeding the babies. they switched without me expecting it.. it happen so quickly.. I had to just snap blindly and hope I got them..
  • Options
    NealAddyNealAddy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2012
    Nice! Can't wait to see what you do with that nest once you get the new lens!

Tell me more about that Pelican shot? What type of processing did you do? It almost has an HDR look.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    NealAddy wrote: »
    Nice! Can't wait to see what you do with that nest once you get the new lens!

Tell me more about that Pelican shot? What type of processing did you do? It almost has an HDR look.

Honesty I dont have a clue what I didne_nau.gif...I was just playing with the colors, temps, and the gradient tool thingy while figuring out my way around Light Room. All of a sudden it looked like a post card to me and figured I better stop while I was ahead!! .. Haven't been able to recreate it since.. :cry