Options

Need help

The anxious oneThe anxious one Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited February 23, 2012 in Technique
I have been offered a photo job of doing a Virtual Tour for a Training Facility. From entering the gate to going all over the property and in each building showing all. I have no clue how to do it right. Should I do video and Photo. HELP..
James Lamb

J. Lamb Photo

www.jlambphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2012
    Sounds like mostly video. Look into the equipment they use for Real Estate Home Tours. That's what you need.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,809 moderator
    edited February 21, 2012
    You need to get more information from the client about what they want you to produce. Generally, the client has seen "something", and they will want you to produce something similar. Find out what that "something" is first.

More than likely, they will also need specialized hosting if they are wanting to do something public/Internet. Once you define the mechanism that they want, you'll need to find a server host that supports the mechanism, and then your client will need to purchase their services before you can create content and make it "live".

It sounds like your best bet is to find out their needs and then sub-contract someone else who can fulfill those needs. You would tag along and learn everything you can learn for the "next" job, which you might attempt more autonomously, once you know more about the process, the equipment and the software involved.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2012
    +1 for Ziggy
    Ziggy ... you are one awesome individual! On so many forums, people would have jumped in and told the OP not to do it, no experience, what are you thinking and other discouraging "suggestions". Your suggestion is perfect (IMHO) - you clearly outline what is required, map out a plan to complete this job AND provide a strategy for the OP to develop his skills ...... all without any hint of criticism or judgement. No wonder you are held in such high regard - you speak ... and people listen (or they ought to).
    The anxious one: this is probably the ideal solution for you (again IMHO)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    The anxious oneThe anxious one Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    You need to get more information from the client about what they want you to produce. Generally, the client has seen "something", and they will want you to produce something similar. Find out what that "something" is first.

More than likely, they will also need specialized hosting if they are wanting to do something public/Internet. Once you define the mechanism that they want, you'll need to find a server host that supports the mechanism, and then your client will need to purchase their services before you can create content and make it "live".

It sounds like your best bet is to find out their needs and then sub-contract someone else who can fulfill those needs. You would tag along and learn everything you can learn for the "next" job, which you might attempt more autonomously, once you know more about the process, the equipment and the software involved.

Thank you for the input. I agree his did w/o criticism. I will look in to it more. I know they saw it on a Real Estate site. They want to move from location to location on the grounds and show off the layout of the land and the buildings and then the inside of each.
    James Lamb

J. Lamb Photo

www.jlambphoto.com