TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited February 23, 2012 in Street and Documentary
2012-02-18-22BW-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited February 23, 2012
    It took me a while to decide whether there was a mirror there--I don't think so. I like the parallel figures and the seated guy, but the empty plastic chair and other stuff on the left don't add much, IMO. Perhaps if you had stepped to the right a bit you would have gotten a better image, dunno.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    The strength of the shot are the three guys and the entryway graphic. But the left half does ruin it -- perhaps a crop would help.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    I agree with the comments on composition. I was shooting from outside the building
    through the back door and couldn't position myself any better. I really dislike that
    chair. If I thought the photo was worth it, I'd take it out in PS but the photo really
    isn't that interesting to start with.

Not that it makes a difference in this forum, but that day's shooting was all with
    one lens at one focal distance. It was a camera club exercise, and any zoom
    lenses had to be taped to one setting.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    Looks to me like three guys through the doorway doing Thai Chi or such simultaneous exercise movement while someone sits in the other room an meditates!

A narrow vertical crop from the left to lose the chair along with a straightening would work. :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook