Options

How to re-install camera raw??

perrelliphotoperrelliphoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited February 21, 2012 in Finishing School
Hi,

I have cs5 and when I go to open a raw file{Canon}, I get this message 'COULD NOT COMPLETE, IT IS THE WRONG KIND OF FILE".
The other day it worked 2 times and not again since??
I went into cs5's "about plug-ins, and I did not see it there.

Is there a way to get the full version and not the update?

Thanks much,
William

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,824 moderator
    edited February 21, 2012
    If you have upgraded cameras then this message may be normal, as you need a current and recent version of ACR for current camera RAW file support.

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is only available as part of the Adobe Photoshop installation and with Adobe Lightroom. It is not available separately. The first thing you should do is to contact Adobe directly. They will probably advise you to reinstall Photoshop. The reason to contact Adobe first is because I believe that you only have 3 - installs allowed, so you need to document the activity, just in case.

They may additionally recommend that you do the upgrade to the latest version, which you could also try beforehand, but you still need to document the problem with Adobe.

Edit: I almost forgot that Photoshop Elements (PSE) also has a version of ACR included with the installation.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    If you have upgraded cameras then this message may be normal, as you need a current and recent version of ACR for current camera RAW file support.

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is only available as part of the Adobe Photoshop installation and with Adobe Lightroom. It is not available separately. The first thing you should do is to contact Adobe directly. They will probably advise you to reinstall Photoshop. The reason to contact Adobe first is because I believe that you only have 3 - installs allowed, so you need to document the activity, just in case.

They may additionally recommend that you do the upgrade to the latest version, which you could also try beforehand, but you still need to document the problem with Adobe.

Thanks...
    As I mentioned it has not worked in awhile and then the other day, 6.6 came up and worked 3 times, and that was all.
    I do have lightroom 3.0, is there a way to move files to P.S.?

Thanks,
    William
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2012
    you have conflicting versions ,
    you should update both CS and LR to latest version , its free

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2012
    basflt wrote: »