Options

French Photographer Killed in Syria

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
edited February 23, 2012 in The Big Picture
French photographer Remi Ochlik was killed in Syria (as was a U.S. reporter, Marie Colvin). Ochlik recently won first prize for his series on Libya in the General News category of the World Press Photo Contest.

You can read more here.
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• Options
    illuminationillumination Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    So sad to see a young person caught in the crossfire between government and rebels.

R.I.P
    Rémi Ochlik in Tunisia

Here is his photo that one first prize two weeks prior titled "Battle for Libya"
  • Options
    marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    I think wars are logical and apparently normal, but, paradoxically, are quite insane; in the realm of insanity, insane things can be expected, and tragedy is normal. It's always a shock to learn of the demise of a rising star, and, as a photographer, I feel the loss of another photographer more keenly than I would that of a non-photographer.
    So sad to see a young person caught in the crossfire between government and rebels.

R.I.P

I don't understand the specification of "a young person".

Here is his photo that one first prize two weeks prior titled "Battle for Libya"

Illumination, do you have permission to publish this photograph? If not, it's best to provide a link to the photograph instead of the photograph itself; unauthorized publication can lead to lawsuits against yourself and, here, DG and SmugMug.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    Syria is turning into a supreme bloodbath. Even Russia now says, they will support an invasion, it's that bad, worse than many know. Sucks to hear the journalist dieing there.
    Journalists mourn NYT foreign correspondent Anthony Shadid, who died in Syria Thursday