Options

Sharing site for a photo group?

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited February 24, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Hey folks, looking for a bit of an unusual info..

there is a bunch of people dabbling into photography at my work, and they started a club.

Seeing that not many are from the same location, the question was raised - which site can we use to share experience, images, and comment on them.. but to make the group private?

I am thinking Yahoo groups could be it, but i'd like to see if there are any other (better?) alternatives.

Flickr and Deviant will not work due to being blocked by our firewall.:(

suggestions?

tia
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    I have only used this site once for an online class of sorts. But what we used was zangzing.com

It allowed for sharing and comments within a private group. May be worth checking out.

Another option may be to use Picasa and only allow certain people access (I'm not sure if this allows uploading or not from different accounts though)
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    Foques wrote: »
    Hey folks, looking for a bit of an unusual info..

there is a bunch of people dabbling into photography at my work, and they started a club.

Seeing that not many are from the same location, the question was raised - which site can we use to share experience, images, and comment on them.. but to make the group private?

I am thinking Yahoo groups could be it, but i'd like to see if there are any other (better?) alternatives.

Flickr and Deviant will not work due to being blocked by our firewall.:(

suggestions?

tia
    Private group on FB? Circle on G+?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    Nikolai, those sites are also blocked.

I'll check out Zanzing.. though, I do see they are limiting number of uploads... hmm.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook