i-cz862mM-L.jpg
i-V7ZXBfW-L.jpg
i-hfZnvdd-L.jpg
i-j6HJ863-L.jpg
i-V7ZxHpt-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited February 27, 2012
    The first one has higher impact than the others, I think.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Richard wrote: »

15524779-Ti.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I'm going to be the contrarian here. The first one is just a detail shot of cop equipment - and so what? Really. We don't know cops have guns, knifes, etc. etc.? If any of these are anything, I'd say it's #4, which allows us to at least play with the idea that the coffee drinking, socializing cop has just heard something over his ear plug that's very troubling - accounting for his expression. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not much here. Sorry.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    I'm going to be the contrarian here. The first one is just a detail shot of cop equipment - and so what? Really. We don't know cops have guns, knifes, etc. etc.? If any of these are anything, I'd say it's #4, which allows us to at least play with the idea that the coffee drinking, socializing cop has just heard something over his ear plug that's very troubling - accounting for his expression. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not much here. Sorry.

Hmm.....yes I see where your going with 4 and I was just relating the equipment to the "Title",
    my bad :D
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Aside that I feel the overall set is a little bland, I'm noticing something with your technique that's also in the bus shot. It looks like you have a tendency to "aim high" with your compositions. Pushing your compositions down, or more toward the top of the frame might have helped.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    bfjr wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif
    bdcolen wrote: »

I found the knife to be interesting because it is not issued by the police department. It caused me to wonder about why the officer carried it in this fashion and for what purpose? Maybe to to cut out a car accident victim from a seat belt or something of this nature. I was hoping the set would show a
    organized body of civil officers in a city, town, or district, whose particular duties are the preservation of good order, the prevention and detection of crime, and the enforcement of the laws.
    bfjr wrote: »
    Hmm.....yes I see where your going with 4 and I was just relating the equipment to the "Title",
    my bad :D
    michswiss wrote: »
    Aside that I feel the overall set is a little bland, I'm noticing something with your technique that's also in the bus shot. It looks like you have a tendency to "aim high" with your compositions. Pushing your compositions down, or more toward the top of the frame might have helped.

Michswiss I think you are absolutely right.Thank you very much for pointing this out to me.

Thank you all for looking,your comments are much appreciated.