Options

Challenge #96 - Feedback?

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited February 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... I wasn't really working on the challenge tonight... but thought this might work for a start. Does it stretch theme just a bit too far?

1. Eye of the Storm
Drops-020-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    OK... I wasn't really working on the challenge tonight... but thought this might work for a start. Does it stretch theme just a bit too far?

1. Eye of the Storm
    Drops-020-L.jpg

I really LOVE that interpretation!! I have been racking my brains out trying to think of something. I have come up with a few ideas but mine are lameo compared to yours.

Is there a way to make the eye more dramatic? Or am I just being a guy and that would ruin it? Also I am a newb and still learning when to dial my ideas back.

Again wonderful idea. thumb.gif

Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2012
    I've been playing with water drops for days now... always on the look out for the spash up... then tonight I got a couple like this and said ... hmmmm... that would actually fit, I think! Still playing...l will see what variations of this I end up with.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I've been playing with water drops for days now... always on the look out for the spash up... then tonight I got a couple like this and said ... hmmmm... that would actually fit, I think! Still playing...l will see what variations of this I end up with.

I am excited for you. Good luck. I know I will be watching your entry.

I hope to be as good as you, jenn, hinson, ryans and few others who's names escape my old grey matter at this moment. You all are so good. Us newb sure have wonderful people to look up to when it comes to you guys.

Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    I like it, nice shot! Great timing on working with the drops too.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2012
    PappyRoot wrote: »
    I am excited for you. Good luck. I know I will be watching your entry.

I hope to be as good as you, jenn, hinson, ryans and few others who's names escape my old grey matter at this moment. You all are so good. Us newb sure have wonderful people to look up to when it comes to you guys.

Darryl

Ah heck... you're too kind. I'm still learning myself. There are a few photogs here I look up to as well...
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2012
    endurodog wrote: »
    I like it, nice shot! Great timing on working with the drops too.

Thanks! I'm a bit obsessed with the water drops the last few days... a product of reading one too many tutorial online. Laughing.gif I am having fun tho.