"The Eyes of God"

6782163910_f780b27ea2_b.jpg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,277 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    Greg, while that sky is incredibly gorgeous, I don't think you can stretch it to fit the theme.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    I know. I know.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    I agree... doesn't hit theme for me, even if you stretch the theme out. It is beautiful tho.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    Hey every one, I know I am a newb, but why not? What if he crops most of the sky out except for the part where those wonderful sun rays hits that house. Speaking as a religious man, I think that would be a perfect representation of "The Eyes of God." The fencing, or pipe or what ever at the bottom are a bit distracting too.

But think about the theme The eyes have it. In the midst of the storm God sends that bit of sunshine in the direction of the house. God has his eyes on that house. God's eyes have it.

I think with more creative editing you would have another area of eyes have it. I think everyone wants to focus on an actual eye. But there are so many different ways to interpret the theme and Ghinson has his hand on something different.

Just my newb 2 cents worth.

Love & Prayers
    Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    PappyRoot wrote: »
    Hey every one, I know I am a newb, but why not?

Greg is of course free to post anything he likes as his entry. However, we said this didn't hit theme is because to get to the theme you have to depend almost 100% on the title. Which kinda negates the point of having a theme right? The idea is that the photo conveys the theme, not the title. The title should be secondary.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    Greg is of course free to post anything he likes as his entry. However, we said this didn't hit theme is because to get to the theme you have to depend almost 100% on the title. Which kinda negates the point of having a theme right? The idea is that the photo conveys the theme, not the title. The title should be secondary.

I am not too sure that is true. Without the title I got it right away. I think with everyone focusing on actual eyes this would be a breath of fresh air. I almost wish I took the image as I would place it in the challenge myself. I deffer to you all as I have 0 experience. But interpretation is part of the fun right? I think Greg's view is an excellent one with the right post editing of course.

You guys are always saying wow factor, pop, etc. This image dose that for me and I think it would be a huge shame to ignore it. Again, I know I am limited when it comes to knowledge. So, I do feel if you all feel it is wrong then I can swallow hard and say you guys are right. I just hope you all can see it for the beauty in this theme that it is.

After reading this to make sure I spelled correctly and worded it right, I feel I might come across too strong. I hope I do not offend anyone with my view. I truly think the world of you all. I again want you all to know I understand I am too new to understand everything and will learn from everbody's input. But I also know that sometimes an idea from a newb can make a difference too.

Love & Prayers
    Darryl
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    Darryl,

Thanks for the kind words.

The distraction at the bottom is a pier jutting out into our harbor.

The reason why we post photos in threads prior to the challenge is to get a feel for everyone's opinion. Your opinion is as important as the two challenge vets.

But, if 2/3 of participants do not feel it fits the theme then, guess what, it doesn't fit the theme.

By my very title of the thread, I kinda already knew the answer.

With creative titling, we have all seen how certain images, taken happenstance during the challenge period, were bent to the theme by titles alone, and that generally doesn't cut it.

You know that I, with the theme in mind, did not go out there to shoot this photo, as you would with an assignment, therefore, you discount the photo. Wow factor or not.

Greg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    ghinson wrote: »
    Darryl,

Thanks for the kind words.

The distraction at the bottom is a pier jutting out into our harbor.

The reason why we post photos in threads prior to the challenge is to get a feel for everyone's opinion. Your opinion is as important as the two challenge vets.

But, if 2/3 of participants do not feel it fits the theme then, guess what, it doesn't fit the theme.

By my very title of the thread, I kinda already knew the answer.

With creative titling, we have all seen how certain images, taken happenstance during the challenge period, were bent to the theme by titles alone, and that generally doesn't cut it.

You know that I, with the theme in mind, did not go out there to shoot this photo, as you would with an assignment, therefore, you discount the photo. Wow factor or not.

Greg

Alright, (swallowing hard), you guys are right. rolleyes1.gif

But, on the bright side Greg, you know you would at least have one vote if you entered this one. Laughing.gif:D

Have an awesome week my dear photography buddies.
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    Like the one over the pyramid on the dollar? Cool. ;)
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    AS it is , I don't think it fits. However, if you caught just one bright spot of rays instead of it spread across the sky, it would come closer. I also think that there's too much negative space above where the sun breaks through.

I think it's on the right track, but it hasn['t quite arrived yet.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2012
    on the other hand if they like the shot a lot they vote and strech the theme :D but I think the eye's have it on this one
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2012
    aye.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com