Southern California

prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 23, 2005 in People
I went to southern California for a few days and got a few good pictures and I just wanted to share and hopefully get some comments. Thanks.

This is Kalib. I love him to death!
kalib9rn.jpg

This is Raevin and her boyfriend. I captured this right before he turned the back of her head towards me. He was quick, but I was faster!!! haha!
kissykissy4el.jpg

This is Sydney aka Syd, Raevin's little sister. She was down visiting as well. She's really fun.
syd8ve.jpg

Candids are fun! I really like this one of Raevin. It shows her personality really well I think.
raevin8pr.jpg

Comments

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Nice candids. I like the kiss shot. The light is good.thumb.gif It's hard to get good light at the beach. Where is this beach?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Nice candids. I like the kiss shot. The light is good.thumb.gif It's hard to get good light at the beach. Where is this beach?
    thanks! that beach was in Oxnard, CA right outside of Ventura.
    edited November 19, 2005
    i'd really like some feedback people! thanks
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Prity,

Like Snappy, I like the kiss shot, although I would Photoshop out the blemish on the boyfriend's face. The first picture captures Kalib well, but the background distracts somewhat. Here's a quick and admittedly heavy-handed Photoshop blur that shortens the depth of field:

45152551-L.jpg

Love the candid shot of Raevin.

Cheers,
    Scott
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2005
    Lived in Oxnard as a youth. Thanks for bringing back memories!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Oxnard,
    Hey, it's our turf (well, almost, it's only about 20 miles up the coast from me, Aaron and DavidTO:-)! How dare you do not pay... a visit:):

Nice pics!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited November 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Hey, it's our turf (well, almost, it's only about 20 miles up the coast from me, Aaron and DavidTO:-)! How dare you do not pay... a visit:):

Nice pics!
    awww if i'd of known that i'd have said "hey let's have a picture taking partay!" haha next time!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    Great Photos!
    Wow, how did you get everyone off the beach?

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Marshall, NC
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2005
    I didn't comment originally because I find these photos lack any sort of connection. These are great for an album or memories between friends, but I keep feeling like I'm missing out on some sort of inside joke.
    edited November 22, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    I didn't comment originally because I find these photos lack any sort of connection. These are great for an album or memories between friends, but I keep feeling like I'm missing out on some sort of inside joke.
    I'm not sure i understand...the series of pictures aren't meant to be "connected" they are just pictures i got while at the beach. each is seperate from the others. look at them seperately. i didn't want to post one at a time because that would have been annoying. is there something about the photos that you don't like? if so please let me know so i can learn. thanks
    edited November 22, 2005
    I didn't mean connection like that; not like connected to each other. I meant they left no impact, no standing impression. I am sure they mean more to you but to me they seem like candid snapshops.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    I didn't mean connection like that; not like connected to each other. I meant they left no impact, no standing impression. I am sure they mean more to you but to me they seem like candid snapshops.

Oh....

Well I like them, and am actually kinda jealous of how well she can get skin tone composition and get them to actually look natural. Even if they only look like candids (to some of you), they're still well done, and they're better than I can do...
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
    edited November 22, 2005
    I didn't say they were bad. :)
    edited November 23, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    what could i have done to make them more than just "snapshots"?